Prinova: Protect Flavor, Shelf Life
Prinova expands FlavorArmor encapsulated flavor line
Prinova, a leading supplier of high-quality ingredients, flavors, and value-added nutrient fortification products, has expanded its FlavorArmor line of encapsulated flavors.
FlavorArmor is a unique encapsulation technology that allows Prinova to offer more than 130 tonalities with several particle sizes, including a new “mini rod,” so that it can be used in unique dry applications. FlavorArmor now extends shelf life up to 42 months and has many manufacturing advantages beyond flavor protection, including clear cut capabilities in liquids, and is clean label-friendly, with “allergen-free” and “natural” labeling options.
“Today, food and beverage companies are being challenged to revamp and reformulate their product lines to stay competitive and maintain customer loyalty. Prinova listened to this need and developed a solution that would allow manufacturers to protect flavor and expand shelf life in formats that haven’t been possible in the past,” says Donnie Moran, sales and marketing Manager, Prinova USA. “FlavorArmor has been a trusted solution for flavor protection, now we can offer our customer ways to really think outside the box as they formulate products that consumers will love, with a long shelf life that will ease inventory control demands.”
FlavorArmor protected flavor products are perfectly suited to enhance and sustain flavor during the production process. FlavorArmor offers many manufacturing advantages, such as:
• Authentic, fresh flavor profile with a wide range of natural flavors
• Flavor protection-allows for heat-stability during manufacturing
• Clean label-no antioxidants, no preservatives, no allergens, GMO-free
• Highly cost effective
• Low dusting, free-flowing
• Clear cut capabilities in liquids-process avoids the use of conventional emulsifiers, dispersing hydrophobic flavors such as lemon
• Proprietary structure-encapsulation matrix decreases oxidation of flavor compared to spray-dried and liquid formats
• Extended shelf life-flavors maintain potency up to 42 months under standard conditions
• Unique particle size to minimize stratification-including a new “mini” shape that provides uniformity in distribution, key in sports nutrition applications
• Reduced risk of contamination-low surface oil reduces the contamination risk during processing.
FlavorArmor is ideal for many demanding applications, including cereal and nutrition bars, powdered and RTD beverages, teas, noodle seasonings, dry mix applications, powdered soups and sauces, chocolates, chewing gums and more. Prinova’s flavor lab experts are flexible and will work with your team on any of your needs – from marketing products to complete formulation. Customers benefit from Prinova’s superior market knowledge and exceptional customer service.
For more information on FlavorArmor’s line of flavor protection products, please visit www.prinovausa.com.
Since 1978, Prinova has been a leader in providing high-quality ingredients, flavors and value-added nutrient fortification products to the global food, feed and wellness industries. Prinova holds strategic stocks in 15 distribution centers around the world to ensure continuity of supply and is the leading global supplier of Vitamin C, B and food grade Amino Acids. The company also has a team of application and technical specialists within their R&D and Quality Laboratory to help customers develop, improve, and enhance the taste and function of their products. Prinova’s facilities are BRC certified. The company’s main corporate office is in Carol Stream, Ill., with the European head office in the United Kingdom and a regional office in Canada. Additional regional offices are located throughout the United States as well as global sales associates in Mexico, Spain, Germany, Belgium, France, Turkey and China.
285 E. Fullerton Avenue
Carol Stream, IL 60188