* In what would be its first investment in the palm oil industry, Bunge Agribusiness Singapore Pte. Ltd. intends to form a joint venture with PT Bumiraya Investindo, the Indonesian palm plantation subsidiary of PT Tiga Pilar Sejahtera Food Tbk.
* Cargill and BASF Plant Science announced an agreement to co-develop a new dietary source of EPA/DHA, a next-generation canola oil.
* Patrick M. Homoelle has been promoted to senior vice president of sales at Grain Processing Corporation.
* Stevia Corp. named Dr. Young Cheol Cho chief scientist.
* Ottens Flavors appointed Jeff Gerdes as vice president of business development and marketing.
* FMC Corporation has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire South Pole Biogroup Ltda., a Chilean-based natural color and specialty nutrition ingredients manufacturer.
* Del Monte Foods appointed consumer goods veteran M. Carl Johnson, III as executive vice president of brands.
* The Hain Celestial Group Inc. has acquired British chilled-food maker Daniels Group in a $230 million all-cash deal.
* Sara Lee Corp. appointed Michel M.G. Cup as executive vice president and chief financial officer of its International Beverage business, where Ingrid Baron was also named chief marketing officer. Sara Lee Corp. also sold a portion of its North American foodservice coffee and tea operations to The J.M. Smucker Co. for $350 million.
* Solazyme Roquette Nutritionals announced the location of its Phase II manufacturing facility in Lestrem, France.
* Superior Foods International added Anna Key Jesus as director of quality assurance and food safety.
* The FRS Company appointed Matt Kohler to chief marketing officer.
* Vitiva appointed David Howard as the regional sales director for its U.K. office.
* Artiste announced its Health and Wellness Advisory Board: Shannon Rountry Maver of Reading, Mass.; Armin Prahst of Vancouver, B.C.; and George J. Perchak, Pharm.D., of West Milford, N.J.
* Functional Technologies Corp. signed an agreement enabling an undisclosed leading European producer of sweet & savory baked goods, snacks and confectioneries to evaluate FTC’s proprietary acrylamide-preventing yeast technology in the partner’s commercial materials used to produce many of their branded food products.
* LycoRed Ltd. announced the opening of a new plant in Changzhou, China.
* WILD Flavors GmbH completed the acquisition of certain assets of A.M. Todd Ingredients.
* Innophos Holdings Inc. entered into a binding agreement and completed the acquisition of Kelatron Corporation.
* Mal Warrick has been appointed corporate director of supply chain at MGP Ingredients Inc.
* Sargento Foods Inc. reassigned Ken Tobey and hired Drew Carmichael, Keith Kronbeck and Charmaine Hilgert in the Consumer Products Division. Hilgert was named regional merchandising manager.
* Tate & Lyle signed an exclusive, worldwide license agreement with Eminate Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of The University of Nottingham, for its salt reduction technology.
* Taiyo announced its Sunphenon manufacturing facility, Taiyo Green Power, achieved an NSF Food Safety, Quality and Food Defense Audit Score over 95, as audited by Cook & Thurber, thereby classifying it as “Meeting or Exceeding Audit Expectations.”
* Foran Spice Company Inc. announced that it has earned certification by the British Retail Consortium Global Standards for Food Safety.
* RFI Ingredients announced the acquisition of the Graymor Chemical Company, a global bulk supplier of nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and vitamin ingredients.
* Jungbunzlauer now offers zinc citrate dihydrate.
* Puratos Corporation broke ground on a new manufacturing facility in Pennsauken, N.J.