As another year comes to a close, we, the editors of Prepared Foods, like to survey the new food and beverage product landscape to gain a sense of how many important product launches came into being.
Traditionally, the food and beverage industry generates something in the neighborhood of 20,000 new products annually. To be certain, we haven’t taken a hard look at every introduction. However, below is a sample of the range of innovative new food and beverage products that entered the marketplace in 2015.
Here, we focus on the SNACKS & APPETIZERS category.
15. New Skinnygirl Varieties
Dark Chocolate Almond with Coconut, Lemon Swirl and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Debut at Target
14. Chia Vitality Granola Clusters
Mamma Chia debuts organic clusters with rolled oats, wild blueberries or toasted nuts
13. RW Garcia Introduces 3 Seed Gluten Free Crackers
Line will feature three different varieties
12. Cheetos Sweetos
Frito-Lay introduces the first sweet variety of Cheetos
11. Ocean's Halo Seaweed Chips
Ocean's Halo's protein and nutrient-packed seaweed chips can now be found at Whole Foods Market
10. Stacy's Snacks Introduces Fire Roasted Jalapeno Pita Chips
New flavor adds subtle kick to pita chip line
9. Doritos Jacked 3D
New Doritos Jacked 3D tortilla snacks are available nationwide in Jalapeno Pepper Jack flavor
8. Navitas Naturals Introduces Superfood+ Seeds and Nuts
Three new certified organic snack mixes are fortified with Hemp, Cacao, Coconut and Turmeri
7. Barnana Apple Cinnamon, Coffee-Flavored Snacks
Barnana provides a secondary source of income to banana farmers in South America
6. Jelly Belly Introduces Pancakes & Maple Syrup Jelly Beans
Jelly Belly beans contain four calories per bean and are fat free, peanut free, dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian and OU Kosher certified
5. Lay's Launches 'Lay's MAXX'
Lay's MAXX is a global innovation present across markets such as Europe, USA and Middle East
4. Reichel Foods Introduces Pro2snax
Pro2snax single-serve snacks include fresh produce paired with a healthy protein
3. Hummus Plus Delivers Protein and Convenience
New Hummus Plus Chicken line capitalizes on protein and snack trends
2. Erin’s Popcorn Debuts Sweet Churro Flavor
Gluten-free snack is made with simple ingredients and uses premium white corn
1. Oscar Mayer Expands Portable Protein Snack Line
New varieties of P3 feature crunchy nut clusters and savory chicken grill snackers