As another year comes to a close, we, the editors of Prepared Foods, like to survey the new food and beverage product landscape to gain a sense of how many important product launches came into being.
Traditionally, the food and beverage industry generates something in the neighborhood of 20,000 new products annually. To be certain, we haven’t taken a hard look at every introduction. However, below is a sample of the range of innovative new food and beverage products that entered the marketplace in 2015.
Here, we focus on the MEALS & SIDES category.
15. Nasoya Extends Pasta Zero Line
New product offers dieters low Carb, high protein and gluten free meal solutions
14. Ian’s Sriracha Fire Sticks
Allergy-friendly, gluten-free foods brand debuts chicken fritter snacks
13. gardein Introduces Meat-Free Pocket Meals
Three varieties include crispy chick'n and kale, Italian meat-free sausage, and BBQ pulled porkless shreds
12. Healthy Choice Simply Cafe Steamers
New line features frozen meals made with all-natural protein and no artificial ingredients
11. Single-Serve Freschetta Gluten Free Pizza
Thin, delicate, flaky crust is certified gluten-free by the Celiac Support Association
10. Pacific Foods Debuts Organic Polenta
Pre-cooked line is made with organic cheese and butter
9. STOUFFER’S Fit Kitchen
New contemporary frozen meals contain protein and modern flavors targeting current consumer preferences
8. Garden Lites Debuts Mac & Cheese
Each serving of Garden Lites Mac & Cheese delivers a full serving of vegetables
7. The Modern Frozen Stuffed Chicken
Barber Foods unveils new recipe and packaging in honor of its 60th anniversary
6. Monterey Gourmet Foods Unveils "Freshly Delicious"
Monterey Gourmet Foods features pastas, sauces and ready-to-heat meals
5. Suji’s Korean Cuisine Ready-to-Eat Dishes
Varieties include Savory Beef Bulgogi, Spicy Pork Bulgogi and Mixed Rice Bowl Bibimbap
4. Buitoni Introduces Vegetable-Infused Pastas
Company uses pieces of real vegetables, like sweet red pepper and spinach, to add color and flavor
3. Lundberg Family Farms Launches Organic Sprouted Risotto
The Organic Sprouted Risotto entrées feature sprouted whole grain brown Arborio rice and are available in three varieties
2. General Mills Launches The Good Table
Restaurant-inspired product line includes no artificial flavors, no colors from artificial sources and no high fructose corn syrup
1. Happy Family Introduces Shine Organics
Adult pouches contain wholesome ingredients to benefit body, mind and mood