As another year comes to a close, we, the editors of Prepared Foods, like to survey the new food and beverage product landscape to gain a sense of how many important product launches came into being.
Traditionally, the food and beverage industry generates something in the neighborhood of 20,000 new products annually. To be certain, we haven’t taken a hard look at every introduction. However, below is a sample of the range of innovative new food and beverage products that entered the marketplace in 2015.
Here, we focus on the DAIRY category.
15. Marbled Cream Cheese Brownie
Blue Bell begins 2015 with release of new ice cream flavor
14. fairlife Ultra-Filtered Milk
Milk is cold-filtered for 50% more protein, 30 percent more calcium and half the sugar of ordinary milk
13. Oikos Triple Zero
New yogurt offers 15 grams of protein with no added sugar, artificial sweeteners or fat
12. Stonyfield Oh My Yog!
Three layers of organic whole milk yogurt in a stylish little cup
11. Ben & Jerry’s releases another Jimmy Fallon-inspired flavor
The Tonight Dough features caramel and chocolate ice creams with chocolate cookie swirls and gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter cookie dough
10. Kabrita USA Goat Milk Yogurt and Fruit
News kids products contain no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
9. B’more Organic Adds to Skyr Smoothie Line
Strawberry is a traditional flavor favorite paired with rich Icelandic skyr
8. Yoplait Original Reduces Sugar Content By 25%
With no artificial sweeteners or flavors, the yogurt maintains taste, provides 20 fewer calories and 1 additional gram of protein
7. 100-Calorie Greek Yogurt from Müller
Each nonfat yogurt contains 100 calories, 12 to 13 grams of sugar and 10 grams of protein per serving
6. Smith Dairy Introduces Flavored Cottage Cheese
Product features unique 5.3-ounce transparent single-serve cup
5. Alouette Le Bon Dip, Le Petite Fromage
According to recent studies, American snacking rose from 59% to 90% over the last 30 years
4. siggi's Launches Line of Whole-Milk Yogurt
New 4% milkfat varieties of siggi's Icelandic-style yogurt continue the brand's tradition of simple ingredients
3. Chobani Introduces Three New Flip Products
Peanut Butter Dream, Coffee Break Bliss and Limited Batch Strawberry Summer Crisp join lineup
2. Daiya Introduces Greek Yogurt Alternative
Four new flavors include peach, strawberry, black cherry and blueberry
1. Leaner Coffee Creamer
Leaner Coffee Creamer is an all-natural powdered coffee creamer that promotes weight loss