Adding energy to the bone broth movement, Pacific Foods is serving up a new line of nourishing organic soups made with its best-selling organic chicken bone broth. As flavorful as they are convenient, the five ready-to-eat hearty soups rely on the same standards for clean, organic ingredients the soup and broth maker adopted more than three decades ago.
Each soup dishes up 7-10g of naturally occurring protein and only 400mg-600mg of sodium per serving. While each variety features bone broth, plant-based protein sources such as lentils, chickpeas and beans are prominent throughout the recipes. All are certified USDA Organic – free of genetically engineered ingredients. Available in five varieties, four of which are dairy-free, the flavors are:
• Caribbean Black Bean: a warm and savory blend of black beans, onions and red bell peppers (dairy-free)
• Chicken Noodle: a classic favorite made with tender organic chicken, hearty egg noodles, onions, carrots and celery (dairy-free)
• Curry Chickpea: chickpeas, green lentils and vegetables, enhanced with turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander and cloves (dairy-free)
• Hearty Italian Vegetable: perfectly balanced with red and green bell peppers, ripe tomatoes, navy beans and traditional • Italian herbs and spices (dairy-free)
• White Bean Kale & Millet: a hearty staple made with navy beans, antioxidant-rich kale, millet and parmesan cheese (contains milk)
Like all of Pacific’s products, the line is packaged in BPA-free, recyclable cartons. The soups will roll out to conventional and natural retailers nationwide starting this month, with a suggested retail price of $4.69-$4.99 per 17-ounce carton.