Home » Store » Reports » ForeSights: Cannabidiol - A natural compound in cannabis renowned for its health properties
ForeSights: Cannabidiol - A natural compound in cannabis renowned for its health properties
Single User License: Allows the person purchasing the report and that person alone to view and use the report
Site License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleagues that work in the same building for the same organization to view and use the report
Enterprise License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleague within the same organization to view and use the report regardless of location
Once purchased your report will be sent to you electronically via email. Please allow 1-2 business days for arrival.
Returns or Refunds - The electronic format and type of information provided by GlobalData is such that GlobalData cannot accept returns of products once they have been dispatched. Refunds will only be considered where the product does not accurately reflect what is being advertised. Refunds may occasionally be offered at the discretion of the management.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound that is naturally found in the cannabis plant that is thought to have therapeutic properties with commercial potential.
Derived from the cannabis plant, CBD is a plant-based compound that is believed to help prevent seizures caused by specific types of epilepsy. Advocates of CBD believe that the non-psychoactive compound (which lacks THC) may also benefit cognitive function, alleviate stress and anxiety, fight inflammation, relieve pain, and even improve mood.
- CBD is one of nearly 90 phyto-cannabinoids (compounds in the leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds) of the Cannabis sativa plant, thought to have therapeutic properties (anti-inflammatory, analgesic, etc.).
- It is derived from the same plant as marijuana, though it comes from a type of cannabis (typically hemp) that has little or none of the psychoactive chemical THC that provides a "high."
- CBD's health properties are the subject of debate. The US FDA is close to approving a pharmaceutical-grade form of CBD (Epidiolex) to treat seizures associated with two rare forms of epilepsy after successful clinical tests.
- It may have the potential to address key health issues that consumers say they are willing to pay to treat, including tiredness, fatigue, stress, insomnia, arthritis, and depression.
- Consumer goods firms are already experimenting with CBD as an ingredient though its health properties are unproven. Functional water has emerged as a major point of entry for CBD. Skincare and pet care are other possibilities for CBD.
- CBD's legal status is murky at best. Countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, and the UK have eased regulations around CBD in recent years, though regulations can vary from one place to another.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
GW Pharmaceuticals plc
Vet Online Supply
American Pet Products Association
American Academy of Dermatology
US Drug Enforcement Agency
World Health Organization
Table of Contents
Get our new eMagazine delivered to your inbox every month.
Stay in the know on the latest food & beverage product development trends.