Teavana announced its first-ever line of wellness tea offerings just as an increasing number of Americans devote their New Year’s resolutions to staying healthy and well.
According to the Tea Council of the USA – who recently named January 12 “National Hot Tea Day” – Americans consumed more than 80 billion servings of tea in 2014, and interest in the health benefits of tea continues to grow. Teavana’s line of seven loose leaf wellness teas, available in more than 350 stores and on www.Teavana.com, is an easy way for people to support a healthy lifestyle, with blends like Purify, Defense and Rev Up.
“We know our customers are looking to incorporate health and wellness rituals into their everyday life, so this is the perfect time for Teavana to introduce a new line of wellness teas,” said Bernard Acoca, president, Teavana. “Enjoying a flavorful cup of Rejuvenate tea in the morning or Serenity tea in the evening is something our customers can feel good about and a wellness ritual that is easy to sustain throughout the year.”
“Our customers have been asking us for a line of wellness teas and often ask for suggestions on teas that can help them jump start their morning or calm down at night,” added Naoko Tsunoda, director of Tea Development for Teavana. “These high quality teas, blended to create a delicious taste profile, make it easy for our customers to choose a tea that is right for them.”
Hand-blended and curated by the tea experts at Teavana, the new line of wellness teas are blended using Teavana’s carefully selected young tea leaves and high quality fruits and botanicals. The seven new teas are:
- Defense, a blend of white tea, blackberry leaves and amaranth grain, plus 50 percent of your recommended daily value of vitamin C
- Purify, a mix of white tea scented with jasmine and orange petals to promote hydration and an inner glow
- Rev Up, a blend of second-flush Darjeeling black tea, green tea, and high quality Chinese oolong with notes of peach, apricot, and mango to help support a healthy metabolism
- Serenity, a blend of chamomile, orange and rose petals that will help you unwind before bed
- Rejuvenate, a blend of black tea and yerba maté to help invigorate
- Recover, a detoxifying blend of green tea and mint, plus 50 percent of your recommended daily value of vitamin C
- Comfort, a blend of ginger, spearmint and peppermint to help balance your being