Among the products on display at Cargill's booth are nine food prototypes:
• A lemon lime zero-calorie carbonated beverage, featuring TasteWise™ reduced calorie solutions, delivers a zero-calorie soda with a full-calorie taste experience.
• A sausage pizza, featuring FlakeSelect™ sodium reduction system, that results in a great-tasting pizza with 35% less sodium than traditional pizza. The pizza also offers whole grain nutrition benefits.
• Berries and white chocolate granola bars, featuring Clear Valley® high oleic canola oil and Wilbur® Y252 white chocolate drops, deliver a snack with the taste and texture consumers expect, with no additives, 0g trans fat and low saturated fat.
• Ice cream bars, featuring Oliggo-Fiber® inulin, provide an indulgent ice cream product with digestive health benefits, such as increased fiber, without compromising on taste or texture.
• Churro snack bar, featuring Cargill's Whole Grain Corn Crisps, exhibit a unique and delicious snack that satisfies consumers' desire for increased fiber and whole grains.
• Corn muffins, featuring CitriTex™ stabilizer blend, Clear Valley® omega-3 oil and MaizeWise® whole grain corn, exceed consumer taste experience expectations with 33% less fat than traditional corn muffins, and qualify for a whole grain stamp and a good source of ALA omega-3 claim.
• Savory snack crisp clusters, featuring Barliv® barley betafiber crisp and GrainWise® Wheat Aleurone, deliver a heart healthy, fiber rich snack that qualifies for a structure-function claim regarding heart health.
• Cajun-style creamy vegetable soup, featuring Cargill's Natural Dairy Flavors and PolarTex® modified food starch, delivers the desired flavor and texture consumers crave in this shelf-stable soup formula with 70% less fat.
• A vanilla-flavored energy gel, featuring Xtend® sucromalt, provides a convenient source of fuel and sustained energy delivery without the blood sugar peaks and valleys of traditional carbohydrate sweeteners.
From the June 13, 2011,Prepared Foods' Daily News.