- The vast majority (70%) of respondents claim that coffee will in fact be part of their Valentine’s Day dinner or date this year.
- Brew over the bloom? Some 50% of respondents said they would prefer to receive a fresh cup of coffee from their sweetheart on Valentine’s Day rather than flowers.
- Nearly two-thirds (64%) of respondents have gone out for coffee as a first date.
- What is the best coffee beverage to enjoy on a date? Cappuccino was top among respondents (30%), followed by hot coffee (28%), iced coffee (21%) and latte (21%).
- What is considered to be the most romantic flavor of coffee? The survey respondents chose French Vanilla first (38%), followed by Mocha (16%) and Caramel (15%).
- Nearly one-third (31%) of female respondents said they would rather give up their sweetheart for a week than go without coffee for seven days.
Can a date’s coffee preference actually provide insight into his or her personality? According to Dr. Alan Hirsch, neurological director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, it can. “Based on our work, people who take their coffee black tend to be lively, outgoing and extroverted, thinking more about the present than the future. People who add sweetener to their coffee are natural leaders, enjoy being in control and expect the best from all. Those who take their coffee with cream are particularly social and engaging, and those who add skim milk to their coffee most enjoy company and usually prefer to draw attention to others versus themselves,” said Hirsch.
From the February 14, 2012, Prepared Foods' Daily News.