Market Watch – September 2013
New dairy launches are taking advantage of a nutritional halo as well as increased awareness of dairy’s potential.
Cutting Sodium in Cheese
The IN Box
- WILD Flavors GmbH (WILD) has become a shareholder in the Brazilian corporation Amazon Flavors.
- Kalsec announced Dr. Scott Nykaza is being promoted from chief operating officer to president and chief operating officer.
- Sensient Technologies Corporation announced that Paul Manning has been elected to the position of president and chief executive officer, effective February 2, 2014.
- IRI named Richard Hurst to the newly created position of practice leader of its beer, wine, spirits and tobacco vertical, and also named Richard H. Lenny chairman of its board of directors.
- Edlong Dairy Flavors changed its name to Edlong Dairy Technologies.
- UC Davis officials are forging a plan to turn the campus into a nexus for food research, policy and new technology.
- Tate & Lyle PLC has signed an agreement with Xuzhou Yitong Food Industry Co. Ltd. to form a sino-foreign joint venture.
- Robertet Flavors named Martin Ongteco as vice president-Innovation.
- ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS announced that their proposed new joint venture flour milling company, Ardent Mills, will establish its headquarters in the Denver metropolitan area.
- SensoryEffects Flavor Systems announced the completion of a new warehouse facility in Bridgeton, Mo.
- FMC Corporation announced that Marshall Fong joined FMC BioPolymer as the global marketing director of food ingredients.
- Sargento Foods Inc. announced the promotion of Kristi Jankowski to executive vice president of Innovation and Karri Neils to executive vice president of Human Resources.
- The Dannon Company announced Kurt Selle from North Carolina State University as the 2013-2014 Dannon Yogurt and Probiotics Fellow.
- Biothera announced it has entered into a strategic alliance with Sunstar Suisse SA.