Good Housekeeping magazine announced the launch of the Good Housekeeping "Nutritionist Approved" Emblem and its Incubator for food brands, designed to help consumers simplify the process of making better food decisions.
Since 1909, the Good Housekeeping Seal has served as a symbol of assurance and reliability to consumers. The new Good Housekeeping Nutritionist Approved Emblem will leverage the GH Institute's "Tried and Tested" authority into the food space.
"We are constantly looking at ways to better inform and serve our readers. The GH Nutritionist Approved Emblem allows us to expand the scope of the GH Institute by applying our expertise to the grocery aisles," says Good Housekeeping Editor in Chief Jane Francisco. "Combining scientific evidence with an understanding of consumers' every day challenges, products that receive the GH Emblem will empower consumers to confidently navigate crowded supermarket shelves and make healthier purchases."
The GH Nutritionist Approved Emblem and Incubator is led by GH Nutrition Director and Registered Dietitian (RD) Jaclyn London, who developed the program with the goal to not only help consumers make informed food choices that inspire healthier eating habits, but to work directly with companies on their overall brand messaging and product development.
The GH Food and Nutrition Brand Lab Incubator, housed inside of the state-of-the-art Good Housekeeping Institute at Hearst Tower in NYC, will be evaluating new and existing products for Emblem consideration.
"Brands that align with GH Nutritionist Approved core values -- simplicity, transparency and innovation -- are considered and go through a rigorous evaluation process," says London. "We are proud to stand behind our first nine GH Emblem earners -- nutritious options to incorporate into our every day meals and snacks."
The launch partners are comprised of a curated group of up-and-comers and household names that provide product innovations geared toward making nutritious food simpler to consume and enjoy. See the full list of launch partners below:
- Chelan Fresh: Chelan Fresh is transforming the food industry through unique and consumer-focused produce innovations. As family owned and operated fruit growers out of North Central Washington, Chelan Fresh's creative packaging brings apples, cherries, and pears, both conventional and organic produce fit seamlessly into our busy, everyday lifestyles, helping to turn nutritious food choices into healthy eating habits.
- LARABAR: Made from a blend of different fruits, nuts and spices, Larabar stands out on supermarket shelves as a wholesome, convenient alternative to other snack bars on the market. Incorporating real food into the packaged snack aisle, Larabar showcases how simple ingredients can be a joyful, delicious snack for all consumers.
- Dole: Dole is on a very simple mission with one ambitious goal: Get the world to eat more vegetables and fruit. Dole's conventional and organic salads can be used to make any meal more nutritious and delicious in innumerable ways, making it easier for consumers to make better food choices by making fresh produce accessible to all.
- Garden Lites: The main ingredient in all of Garden Lites' muffins is a vegetable, helping consumers to meet nutritional needs in an innovative way. Their higher fiber and protein, lower-sugar nutritional composition optimizes satiety and promotes conscious indulgence -- key contributors to adopting healthier eating habits for the long-term.
- Luvo: As innovators in the frozen food space, Luvo helps consumers to make better food choices when time (for meal prep) and access (to quality ingredients) are compromised. The brand's dedication to nutrition is serious: Luvo's entrees provide one or more servings of fruits and/or veggies per meal -- and are generally lower in sodium, added sugar, and saturated fat than others in the freezer aisle.
- PANATEA: PANATEA has tapped into the latest trend that's taking the beverage industry by storm -- matcha -- but their brand's mission -- finding time in your otherwise hectic day for a "Zen moment," is unique in its accessibility and relatability. Their latest innovation, instant matcha packs, help consumers stay present, mindful, and energized on-the-go -- without use of added sugar.
- Carrington Farms: The portable superfoods produced by Carrington Farms offer consumers a simple, easy solution to boost nutritional value and flavor at any meal. The ability to reach consumers of "natural food" stores to mass market retailers shows the versatility of their products, and the approachability to consumers who are at different phases of healthy habit formation.
- Jarlsberg: Delicious specialty cheeses available in original and lite versions are perfect as a snack, in sandwiches and for entertaining. The brand has maintained its status as a household name for its iconic flavor, and facilitates healthier, energy-sustaining snacking solutions from a real-food source.
- Beanitos: Beanitos simplifies nutritious snacking with its complete line of bean-based snacks, made from USA farmed whole beans. By harnessing the wholesome goodness of beans (and all other ingredients in their flavorful products), these protein, fiber, and antioxidant-packed snacks are both health-conscious and convenient for all snacking occasions.