Fiberstar: Natural Appeal
Fiberstar’s Citri-Fi® natural citrus fiber has clean label appeal
Fiberstar sells Citri-Fi®, a natural citrus fiber. Due to the clean, patented process, this fiber consists of insoluble and soluble fiber and protein. Citri-Fi also contains intact pectin that can be activated to produce gelling properties in high sugar/low pH food processing conditions.
Citri-Fi 100 series can be labeled as “citrus fiber,” “dried citrus pulp” or “citrus flour,” which resonate well with consumers. Because of its unique composition, it provides multiple functionalities applicable to many food products.
These functionalities include:
• Moisture management – superior water holding capacity and binding due to the high surface area
• Natural emulsification – due to the native protein
• Gelling – due to the intact pectin
• Viscosity, stabilization
• Freeze/thaw stability and improved quality over time
• Low pH and heat stability
• Extension: Pulp reduction/replacement, tomato paste, egg
• Fat reduction
• Salt reduction potential in phosphate-free injected meats
• Contributes fiber, gluten-free, non-GMO Think of Citri-Fi as your next “go-to” source for clean label, multi-functional fiber for a wide variety of food applications.
Think of Citri-Fi as your next “go-to” source for clean label, multi-functional fiber for a wide variety of food applications.