California-based T. Hasegawa USA has published its free downloadable 2023 Food and Beverage Flavor Report. This annual report combines leading industry research findings with the latest data from T. Hasegawa’s product development and marketing teams to analyze what consumers are looking for in food and beverage categories and predict upcoming trends through next year.
T. Hasegawa has developed custom flavors for the world’s top food and beverage brands for more than a century. Globally recognized for its innovation and expertise in flavor development and proprietary flavor enhancing technologies, T. Hasegawa remains at the forefront of consumer trends and shares these developments and research findings throughout the food and beverage industry.
“T. Hasegawa’s R&D team is uniquely positioned to predict consumer flavor trends since we work with many of the world’s top food and beverage brands,” said Doug Resh, Director of Commercial Marketing for T. Hasegawa USA. “Consumer tastes and behaviors are constantly changing, so it’s important for us to stay ahead of trends with this annual report. By leveraging the latest trend insights, we’re able to use flavor technology to deliver more of what consumers are looking for next year.”
Highlights from the T. Hasegawa 2023 Food and Beverage Flavor Report include:
• Top Overall Consumer Trends such as economic/inflationary changes, functional and plant-based product demand, fermented flavors, sea vegetables and more.
• Top Ingredient Trends for immunity support, sustained energy, mental health and others.
• Alcohol Beverage Trends – how exotic ingredients and flavor combinations are shaping the category and driving sales.
• Non-Alcoholic Beverage Trends – including RTD coffee, tea and bottled water innovations
• Dairy Category Trends, such as flavored butters, milks and yogurts, plus a look at how flavored dairy can ease the “kitchen burden” due to price inflation.
• Sports Nutrition Beverage Trends – exotic fruit flavors and dessert-inspired beverages, plus highlights on how functional ingredients are shaping sports nutrition.
• Snack Food Flavor Innovations – how flavors are diversifying in snacks with international cuisine and unexpected combinations
• Dessert and Confection Trends, ingredients and findings and a look at how social media is reshaping indulgent foods.
• Dips, Dressings and Sauce flavor Trends – including the latest international-inspired flavors and how the BFY dip category is delivering both nutrition and flavor.
• Protein Trends – a look at how traditional protein flavors like barbecue continue to thrive, while inflation and plant-based options evolve the category. Plus details on how international flavors are expanding proteins for US consumers and encouraging experimentation.
• Regional and International Flavor Trends that are resonating with US consumers
The 2023 Food and Beverage Flavor Report is available for free download.
About T. Hasegawa USA, Inc.
For more than a century, T. Hasegawa has made ‘Life Taste Better’ through custom flavors and fragrances developed for the world’s top food and beverage brands. T. Hasegawa is recognized around the world for its innovation and product differentiation, which builds our clients’ product flavor to unparalleled standards. Through a passion for culinary creation and a strong faith in the power of aroma and taste, T. Hasegawa’s flavor experts work to improve the way we experience food and beverages.