Kellogg Announces 2007 Lineup
"We're delighted to introduce a broad range of new product initiatives that deliver on a variety of consumer needs," said Graham Petersen, senior vice president, innovation, Kellogg North America. "We have a proven track record of innovation with more than 15 percent of our sales coming from new product innovations this year."
Kellogg's new products include:
Health and Wellness: Adult Cereals, Bars and Waters. New cereals and cereal bars provide nutrition in every great-tasting bite, while consumers have even more options from Special K to help with weight management.
- Smart Start is the first nationally available cold cereal to contain ingredients that may help lower both blood pressure and cholesterol. New Smart Start Cinnamon Raisin cereal features crunchy, cinnamon toasted oat bran flakes, tossed with plump raisins.
- Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal features delicious chocolatey pieces that can help satisfy the desire for something sweet -- especially in the evening -- without derailing weight management goals.
- Special K Protein Meal and Snack Bars offer delicious, convenient solutions to help consumers stay on track with their weight management goals.
- Special K2O Protein Waters -- the first broadly available brand of protein waters -- contain five grams of protein and are available in three tasty flavors, including Strawberry Kiwi, Lemon Twist and Tropical Blend.
- Special K Honey Nut Cereal Bars blend the great taste of nuts and golden honey in 90 calories per bar.
Health and Wellness: Wholesome and Convenient Snacks. These new, flavorful snacks offer more options for nutritious snacking without sacrificing taste.
- Nutri-Grain Fruit and Nut Bars are available in two flavors - Berry & Almond and Cranberry, Raisin & Peanut - and are made with premium Virginia peanuts or California almonds along with whole oats and delicious fruit pieces to provide a natural energy boost any time of day.
- All-Bran crackers - available in both Multi-Grain and Garlic Herb -- are bite sized and have a light, crispy texture with the goodness of wholesome grains and five grams of fiber per serving.
- Right Bites, in two great new flavors, Keebler Right Bites Fudge Shoppe Grasshopper cookies and Grahams Cinna Bites crackers, offer consumers satisfying snack options with only 100 calories per pack.
Breakfast Alternatives: These new products offer appealing vegetarian options for a hot, convenient breakfast.
- Morningstar Farms Breakfast Starters Classic Scramble is a tasty mixture of crumbled veggie sausage, red potatoes, diced peppers and chopped onions. Just add eggs for a great way to begin the day.
- Morningstar Farms Veggie Bites are available in two flavors -- Country Scramble and Eggs Florentine -- and offer a delicious combination of eggs, melted cheese and veggies wrapped in a crispy multi-grain breading.
Kid Favorites. Innovative offerings provide kids with great-tasting variations on some favorite Kellogg foods.
- Rice Krispies with Real Strawberries cereal contains all the cheery sounds of original Rice Krispies cereal, now with real strawberry pieces to please moms and kids alike.
- Cocoa Krispies ChocoNilla cereal fuses chocolatey and vanilla flavors to deliver one great-tasting cereal.
- Eggo Stuffed French Toaster Sticks are bursting with favorite toppings in two flavors -- Maple Syrup and Strawberry.
- Eggo Buttery Maple Syrup Minis combine two great flavors in a mini Eggo waffle.
Great-Tasting Snack Ideas. Unique Cheez-It Stix, exciting new Pop-Tarts flavors and the rich tastes of chocolate, cheesecake and peanut butter will provide ultimate enjoyment for adults and kids alike.
- Cheez-It Stix - available in Cheddar and White Cheddar flavors -- are crackers built for kids with real cheese baked into every bite.
- Keebler Dunking Delights Sandwich Cookies are available in two delightful flavors -- Chocolate and Cheesecake -- and have a unique narrow shape to make dunking in milk easier than ever.
- Pop-Tarts Hot Chocolate offer the delicious flavors of hot chocolate and marshmallows in every toasted bite, while Pop-Tarts Strawberry Cheese Danish incorporates the tasty flavors of strawberries and cream cheese into a fun and exciting new Pop-Tarts option.
- Rice Krispies Treats Chocolatey Peanut Butter, made with toasted rice cereal and real peanut butter, dipped in chocolatey fudge for an extra tasty delight.
SOURCE Kellogg Company
February 8, 2007