Bell Flavors: Asian Flavors
Bell Flavors and Fragrances’ new Asian inspired flavors take consumers on a journey throughout Southeast Asia
Bell Flavors and Fragrances has developed a line of Asian inspired flavors that will take consumers on a journey throughout Southeast Asia. These new flavors will open formulators’ eyes to a world of new bold flavors and challenge creativity to reinvent an old staple.
The flavors of Southeast Asia have a variety of tastes including hot, spicy, tangy and sweet. While the flavors of Asia have grown in popularity throughout the United States—this trend is far from being over. In fact, as the trend continues to grow consumers will be able to differentiate between different ethnicities such as Malaysian and Vietnamese flavors.
The flavors featured in Bell’s new line hail from a variety of countries including: China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
“Our new Asian Flavor line can infuse intriguing flavor profiles into your latest product offerings,” says Bell’s Executive Chef, Chris Warsow. “They offer true profiles of authentic ingredients that consumers are craving in snacks, condiments, and sauces.”
Some of the flavors that are showcased in Bell’s Asian Flavors line include…
• Green Tea: Green tea has a very green and earthy flavor. This flavor has endless applications and has been seen in ice cream, smoothies, baked goods, energy bars, chocolate and even lattes.
• Gochujang: Gochujang is a Korean fermented condiment that has a slight heat from the red chilies and a savory note from the fermented soybeans. This flavor pairs perfectly with traditional Asian cooking as well as adding a twist to American favorites like barbeque chicken.
• Thai Holy Basil: While most people are familiar with basil, Thai Holy Basil has a fresh, savory, sweet and green flavor with notes of licorice. Bell has an entire line of fresh herbs so no matter what flavor profile you are looking for Bell has the perfect match.
• Fish Sauce: Originating from Vietnam this flavor has all the funk of umami that one would expect from a quality fermented fish sauce. It is important to note that Bell has the capability of making their Fish Sauce flavor allergen free in addition to their oyster and soy sauce flavor.
• Coconut Milk: Bell’s Coconut Milk flavor has a subtly sweet and tropical flavor with a rich creamy mouthfeel. While coconut milk is used in various Indian cuisine from curries to sticky rice, Bell’s Coconut Milk flavor is perfect for adding depth and slight tropical notes to stews and soups and character to puddings and cakes.
Bell has many other related Asian flavors including: Black Garlic, Red Bean Paste, Yuzu, Chinese Five Spice, Cilantro, Toasted Sesame, Creamy Thai Green Curry, Ginger, Thai Red Curry, Calamansi Lime, Hoisin, Sriracha, Jackfruit, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Taro, Kimchi, Lychee, Smoked Tea, Red Miso, Rich Umami, Soy Sauce, Mirin, Pandan, Sambal Goreng and Rambutan.
Bell Flavors and Fragrances is always expanding its line of Asian flavors as they are discovered and used in food and beverage applications.
Bell Flavors and Fragrances, Inc. is a leader in the flavor and fragrance industry. With manufacturing plants in seven countries, as well as more than 40 sales offices around the world, Bell has the ability to create the flavor, fragrance or botanical for any application. For more information visit our website at www.bellff.com