IFF 2018 Sustainability Report
The report highlights IFF’s accomplishments in embedding circular economy principles throughout its business
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., an innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, announced the publication of its 2018 Sustainability Report: Toward a Circular Future. The report highlights IFF’s accomplishments in embedding circular economy principles throughout its business and covers the Company’s achievements in leveraging sustainable practices within its global footprint.
Having surpassed its 2020 goals for greenhouse gas emissions (goal 25%, actual 33.8%), water (goal 50%, actual 68.2%) and hazardous waste (goal 25%, actual 42.1%) in 2017, the company launched EcoEffective+ in 2018, which includes a science-based reduction target for greenhouse gas emissions, as its next generation of environmental goals.
Focusing on the platforms of Positive Principles, Sensational People and Regenerative Products, the report demonstrates IFF’s consistent progress with ambitious business and sustainability initiatives intended to create value for all its stakeholders.
Key highlights include:
• Named A list for CDP Climate Change for the fourth consecutive year; Earned “A” for Water Security for the first time
• Listed on Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable U.S. Companies, Euronext Vigeo’s World 120 Index and FTSE4Good Developed Market Index
• Named a finalist in The Circulars, the world’s premier circular economy award program
• Announced company-wide Diversity & Inclusion vision and mission
• Piloted blockchain technology as a tool for ingredient traceability
• Achieved the industry’s first FairWild-certified flavor or fragrance ingredient commercially available, globally
• Launched a patchouli initiative to support smallholder farmers in Indonesia
• Completed the Vetiver Together pilot program assisting 450 small-scale vetiver farmers in southern Haiti to increase food security and income diversification while supporting women’s empowerment efforts and environmental conservation
Learn more about the report.