By expanding the Takis® brand to new snack categories and subcategories, the brand looks to capitalize on Takis® signature intensity by offering new products that fit a variety snacking occasions, while continuing to provide consumers with the bold, crunchy, and intense flavors they are craving.
The five new brand extensions include:
• Takis® Waves: The brand is bringing a tsunami of flavor as it enters the $8.4 billion potato chip subcategory with its first line of ridged potato chips. With potato chips representing 30% of the salty snacks category, Takis Waves are ready to crash to shore and disrupt the mark.
• Takis® Watz: The cheese snacks category has some intense new competition with the launch of Takis® Watz, a delicious snack with the perfect combination of crunchiness and electric flavor.
• Takis® POP!: The bold flavor of Takis joins the ready-to-eat popcorn category, to create an explosive new snack that is hard to resist.
• Takis® Stix: Fans of corn snack sticks will enjoy the full flavor and intensity of Takis in this perfect, on-the-go snacking option.
• Takis® Hot Nuts: Launched in fall 2020, Takis Hot Nuts continue to be popular with consumers, with sales up 15.2% year to date. Featuring a unique double crunch technology, Takis Hot Nuts offers spicy intensity with each peanut-filled bite.
Fans of Takis® will face the intensity in a whole new way with a new packaging design that features a bigger emphasis on the Takis logo and the brand's signature intense purple color taking center stage across all products. Each bag also has a distinct color blocking window featuring a flavor tornado effect that showcases the unique ingredients that come together to create that flavor. The packaging also highlights the return of Takis Heat-O-Meter – an icon that help consumers understand how intense the product is.