FIE Names Fi Excellence Awards
The Fi Excellence Awards 2011 honored professionals and companies for their ability to demonstrate and stimulate innovation, and for their contribution to the industry.
Henry Dixon Barrett, chairman of the jury, said, "We were really impressed with the quality of research and innovations of the awards submissions this year. Above all, it was important for us to reward products whose application provides a real benefit to the consumer. We hope the industry will join us in welcoming the award-winning products. "
The Fi Excellence Awards winners are:
The Most Innovative Food Ingredient Award:
Barry Callebaut - Terra Cacao
Bakery Innovation of the Year
• Muntons – Maltichoc - to be used as a partial cocoa powder and chocolate replacer in baked goods.
Dairy Innovation of the Year
• Chr. Hansen A/S - Red Strawberry Fragaria 100 WS - The new patent pending carmine has superior process stability enabling a decrease of pigment concentration by 10 - 20% compared to standard carmine.
Beverage Innovation of the Year
• National Starch Food Innovation - Purity Gum- a unique emulsion stabilizing starch derived from waxy maize.
Savoury/Meat Innovation of the Year
• Purac - PuraQ Arome NA4 - a breakthrough in clean label, natural solutions for sodium reduction in food.
Confectionery Innovation of the Year
• Barry Callebaut - Terra Cacao - This revolutionary, all-natural, controlled fermentation technique method consistently produces top-quality cocoa with zero defects or off-flavors.
Snacks/On-The-Go Innovation of the Year
• Lyckeby Culinar AB - Culinar Include - an innovation especially designed to bring 100% natural colors and flavors to breakfast cereals and muesli.
From the November 30, 2011, Prepared Foods' Daily News.