May 1/Wilmington, Del./PRNewswire -- DuPont announced it has acquired from Bunge full ownership of the Solae LLC joint venture, a soy-based ingredients firm. DuPont previously owned 72% of the joint venture, while Bunge owned the remaining 28%.

"DuPont is committed to nutrition and health. This investment in Solae, along with the acquisition of Danisco last year, has significantly added to our leadership position in food ingredients," said DuPont executive vice president James C. Borel. "Solae's scientific expertise and market leadership in soy is a critical element in our plans to enhance the quality and quantity of food for a growing global population."

"Our customers will benefit from the full ownership of Solae, as we can further increase the speed of innovation, food formulation and nutrition science capabilities across a wide range of specialty food ingredients," said DuPont Nutrition & Health president Craig F. Binetti. "Our long-term segment financial targets are to post sales of 7-9% CAGR and expand pre-tax earnings margins to a range of 12-14%. With full ownership of Solae, DuPont anticipates delivering toward the upper end of our margin targets with the planned synergies."

 From the May 1, 2012, Prepared Foods’ Daily Update