Lance® Quick Starts™ introduced five new flavors to its lineup of convenient and nutritious breakfast biscuits designed to make the morning meal easier.
"This is how we sandwich," said Snyder's-Lance Chief Marketing Officer Rod Troni. "Like all Lance sandwich crackers, the new Quick Starts offerings feature two awesome whole grain biscuits on the outside with an incredible filling in the middle."
The new flavors include:
• Bacon Cheddar, a savory combination of breakfast favorites stacked between two tasty biscuits.
• Vanilla Greek Yogurt, featuring a sweet and tangy filling between granola crackers.
• Raspberry Greek Yogurt, with a rich and fruity center between wholesome granola crackers.
• Everything Bagel, boasting hints of garlic, onion and sesame crackers with cream cheese in the middle.
• Chocolate Cream, a decadent morning treat sandwiched between two hearty granola crackers.
The new varieties join the original Quick Starts flavors of Blueberry Muffin, Cinnamon Roll and Maple French Toast that were introduced earlier this year. All eight Quick Starts products provide good sources of fiber and B vitamins, 13 grams of whole grain per serving and 3 grams of satisfying protein to jump start the morning.
The expansion of the Quick Starts line is tied to the meteoric rise of the breakfast biscuit category, which surged 43% to $172 million in sales from March 2014 to March 2015, according to Nielsen Scan data. As consumers seek alternative breakfast options better suited to their nutrition and lifestyle needs, they're either replacing or complementing their consumption of traditional, grain-based breakfast foods like cereal, toast and muffins with more satisfying, protein-rich products like Lance Quick Starts.
"Today's consumers are busier than ever, and they're also more informed about the types of foods that fuel them through the day," said Troni. "These days everyone is looking to balance convenience and nutrition in their morning routine, and many are finding an on-the-go solution like Quick Starts fits their lifestyle better than a traditional sit-down breakfast. Moms especially are driving the increase in morning snacking as they supplement their family's meals with nutritious options like Quick Starts as part of a healthy, active lifestyle."