Hot Pockets Food Truck Bites and Sandwiches
Food truck chefs worked closely with the culinary team at Nestlé to co-create items inspired by their menus
Once considered just a pop culture craze or fad, the vast popularity of food trucks in major US cities has been a leading force in the evolution of the mobile food industry. That's why HOT POCKETS® brand sandwiches teamed up with real food truck chefs to co-create all-new HOT POCKETS Food Truck Bites and Sandwiches, which bring the tastes and adventure of mobile eating to freezers nationwide.
Developed in collaboration with four award-winning food truck proprietors from Los Angeles and Chicago – Komodo, The Lobos Truck, Baby's Burgers and Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery – HOT POCKETS is elevating a familiar favorite with a culinary twist to satisfy consumers' Hunger For More. With new adventurous flavors and product forms, the HOT POCKETS Food Truck line allows more people to experience the latest in mobile eating.
"Consumers today are looking for more flavor from food and trying different types of cuisine – and they're often inspired by international options," said John Carmichael, president of the Nestlé Pizza & Snacking Division, Nestlé USA. "Based on the explosion of these trends and the popularity of mobile eating, we wanted to give consumers a delicious and creative new product that brings food truck cuisine to life in their own kitchens."
The food truck line serves up a bold flavor experience in the form of bites and sandwiches, including a new "roller" form, a mini spring roll packed with spicy fillings that is for sharing with friends or enjoying as a snack.
Drawing from their different experiences and gastronomic backgrounds to develop the new varieties, food truck chefs from Komodo, The Lobos Truck, Baby's Burgers and Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery all worked closely with the culinary team at Nestlé to co-create items inspired by their menus.
Showcased in original packaging that features each food truck's co-creation story, the newest HOT POCKETS line unites bold ingredients like fiery jalapeños and premium meats like Applewood smoked bacon with 100% real cheese and no artificial flavors.
HOT POCKETS Food Truck Bites and Sandwiches cook up quickly in the oven or microwave to satisfy hunger anytime. They are currently available at local grocery stores nationwide at a suggested retail price of $5.99 for Food Truck Bites (20oz bag) and $2.29 for Food Truck Sandwiches (two sandwiches per box). HOT POCKETS Food Truck Bites are available in four varieties:
- Triple Cheesy Bacon Melt Bites, Co-Created with Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery: Inspired by Greg Barnhart's popular Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery menu item dubbed "The Great Dane Double Cheese & Bacon Melt," these bites combine a robust blend of provolone, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses with Applewood smoked bacon and basil in a buttery crust.
- Smokin' Bacon BBQ Recipe Burger Bites, Co-Created with Baby's Burgers: Savory hamburger, Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and onions smothered in a mesquite BBQ sauce in a soft-baked crust comes from Lori Barbera and Erica Cohen's gourmet "She's Smokin" burger at Baby's Burgers.
- Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken Rollers, Co-Created with The Lobos Truck: American comfort food with a twist comes to life at Jasmine Wolf's The Lobos Truck. These all-new bite-sized rollers feature tender dark meat chicken, jalapeños, cilantro and corn with spicy ginger lime sauce in a mini spring roll.
- Spicy Asian-Style Beef Rollers, Co-Created with Komodo Truck: Latin and Southeast Asian-style flavors combine to create amazing fusion cuisine from Komodo. Eric and Erwin Tjahyadi's unique bite-size creation is made with tender beef, red pepper and jalapeños with Hoisin sauce in a mini spring roll.
HOT POCKETS Food Truck Sandwiches are available in two varieties:
- Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken Sandwiches, Co-Created with The Lobos Truck: The sandwich version of Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken features grilled white meat chicken, jalapeños, cilantro and corn with spicy ginger lime sauce in a crispy crust.
- Spicy Asian-Style Beef Sandwiches, Co-Created with Komodo Truck: The sandwich version of Spicy Asian-Style Beef includes Angus beef, red peppers and jalapeños with Hoisin sauce in a crispy crust.