Clif Bar 'Make it Good' Campaign
Clif Bar credits its sustained success to its pioneering Five Aspirations Business Model
Clif Bar & Company launched the most significant advertising campaign in its 27-year history, “Make it Good,” which reflects on its trailblazing choices to run a different kind of food company. The campaign leads with a series of quirky commercials including :90 and :30 second anthem spots featuring the CLIF BAR logo’s iconic climber as the lead character. Purposefully designed to break through the clutter of typical food advertising, the ads uniquely illustrate the company’s approach to running a sustainable food company by making intentional choices for the benefit of people and the planet.
VIEW FULL GRAPHIC
The nutrition bar category leader for nearly two decades, Clif Bar credits its sustained success to its pioneering Five Aspirations Business Model, a different way of doing business that doesn’t just focus on one bottom line. Instead, Clif Bar supports five bottom lines that focus on sustaining its business, brands, people, planet and community. In the process, the company has:
• Led the way as the first organic energy bar and largest private funder of organic research in the US, purchasing more than 1 billion pounds of organic ingredients to-date
• Transitioned to 100% renewable electricity sourced through solar and wind energy credits for all Clif facilities
• Made all employees eligible to become owners through an Employee Stock Ownership Program and offered a living wage at its bakeries
• Volunteered 137,416 company hours to community service
• Donated $49 million in cash and $35 million in food to those in need
• “To us, values don’t just live on a conference room wall – they drive every decision we make. We hope that this campaign gets people talking and acting on how their food choices can make a positive impact in the world,” said Kit Crawford, co-CEO of Clif Bar & Co.