* Sapporo Holdings Ltd. is integrating the consolidated subsidiaries Sapporo Beverage Co. Ltd. and Pokka Corporation.
* WILD Flavors Inc. announced Marie Wright has accepted the role of chief global flavorist. WILD also completed the acquisition of certain assets of A.M. Todd Co. Ingredients/Flavors
* Bunge Ltd. reached an agreement to buy three tomato product brands —Etti, Salsaretti and Puropure—from Hypermarcas SA for approximately $100 million.
* Bell Flavors & Fragrances Inc. announced the certification of safe quality food (SQF) 2000 Level 3 for its manufacturing facility in Northbrook, Ill.
* D.D. Williamson & Co. announced Jennifer Guild, global food science and regulatory manager, will address an upcoming Food Ingredients Conference on natural coloring. The conference, entitled “Advances in Natural Color,” will take place February 9-10, 2012, at The Bloomsbury Hotel in London.
* Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc. and Complete Phytochemical Solutions LLC announced their collaboration on a project to improve the accuracy of measuring and quantifying of proanthocyanidins (PACs) in cranberries.
* Sargento Foods Inc. announced the promotions of Jim Birenbaum to vice president of strategic analysis, Bob Campbell to senior manager of financial analysis and Lisa Heider to controller; the hiring of Mark Albert as sustainability program manager; the promotion of Steve Schmeiser to operations services manager; and the hiring of Marie Antoniewski as senior research scientist.
* Illes Seasonings & Flavors Inc. announced a slate of promotions: Shelley Bobrowski to vice president of sales; Marc Aymond to vice president of technical services; Brant Worrell to director of culinary sales; and Robert Murphy to manager of culinary.
* Red Arrow Products Co. has met the supplier standards put forth by Hormel Foods Corp. over the past five years to be awarded the Hormel No. 1 Supplier Award.
* Bay State Milling Co. announced the promotion of Colleen Zammer to director of product marketing, named Susan Kay product applications manager, hired Vanessa Klimczak as product applications technologist and added Courtney Reed as a product applications culinologist. The company also officially opened its innovation and applications center, the Rothwell GrainEssentials Center: Where Grain Based Solutions Grow, at its company headquarters in Quincy, Mass.
* Kalsec Inc. announced an expansion plan for its advanced hop product offerings in the China market, a multi-million dollar investment focusing on expanding the company’s applications and sales efforts in the world’s largest beer-producing nation.
* SunOpta Inc. announced the launch of its updated company website at www.sunopta.com.
* The Hershey Company announced it has reached an agreement to purchase Brookside Foods Ltd.
* Sara Lee Corp. is moving its headquarters to downtown Chicago from Downers Grove, Ill., in 2013, after it completes its split into two units. The company also announced the appointment of Ingrid Baron as chief marketing officer of its International Beverage business.
* Kraft Foods Inc., which is splitting into two, named Irene Rosenfeld as chairman and chief executive officer of the Global Snacks Co., as well as Anthony Vernon as CEO and John Cahill as chairman of the North American Grocery Co.
* GLG Life Tech Corp. announced the signing of a renewable 5-year product supply agreement with International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. for high-purity rebaudioside-C extracts.
* CHS Inc. has signed an agreement with Solbar Industries Ltd. to acquire 100% of the shares of Solbar.
* Penford Corp. revealed the execution of an agreement to acquire interests and certain assets of Carolina Starches LLC for an undisclosed value.
* The J.R. Simplot Co. plans to build a state-of-the-art potato processing plant in Caldwell, Idaho.
* Vitiva appointed David Howard as the regional sales director for its UK office.
* Colloïdes Naturels International (CNI) and Bio Serae Laboratories have merged under one name to be known as NEXIRA.
* Cargill Inc. and BASF Plant Science announced an agreement to co-develop a new dietary source of EPA/DHA.
* LycoRed Ltd. announced the opening of a new plant in Changzhou, China.
* Innophos Holdings Inc. entered into a binding agreement and completed the acquisition of Kelatron Corp.
* Mal Warrick has been appointed corporate director of supply chain at MGP Ingredients Inc.
* NEU Industries Inc. appointed a new CEO, Luc Tomasino, and a new head of sales, Ryan Giunta.
* Ottens Flavors appointed Jeff Gerdes as vice president of business development and marketing.