- Robertet Flavors Inc. (Piscataway, N.J.) hired Kathy Boyce as sales service coordinator in sales and marketing; Jennifer Petrillo as associate regulatory coordinator in the regulatory affairs department; and James Przyborowski as facility engineer.
- LycoRed Natural Products Industries Ltd. (Beer-Sheva, Israel) announced P.L. Thomas & Co. Inc. (Morristown, N.J.) will represent LycoRed's product line in the food, beverage and functional food markets in the eastern third of the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Biodar (Yavne, Israel), a subsidiary of LycoRed, has launched a new website (www.biodar.com) and changed the company logo to reflect the company's “strategy to develop and market innovative nutrients and help create advanced solutions for a healthier life.”
- National Starch Food Innovation (Bridgewater, N.J.) was named recipient of the Presidents Partnership for Ingredients Innovation by Johanna Food (Flemington, N.J.).
- The Solae Company (St. Louis) and Yoplait (General Mills, Minneapolis) have introduced Yoplait Solae, a co-branded product combining dairy and soy proteins in a “spoonable” yogurt.
- Enzymotec (Migdal HaEmeq, Israel) announced it will increase its production capacity due to the success of its line of dietary supplements and functional foods.
- Kerry Americas (New Century, Kan.) has announced a new sales force strategy for its Sweet--Frozen Dessert division, enabling the company to offer confectionery and bakery inclusions, coatings, variegates, flavors and functional ingredients, such as stabilizers and spray-dried dairy powders.
- The International Association for Food Protection (Des Moines, Iowa) awarded DuPont (Wilmington, Del.) the 2005 recipient of the Black Pearl Award, given annually to one company for efforts in advancing food safety and quality through consumer programs, employee relations, educational activities, adherence to standards and support of the goals and objectives of the association.
- Briess Malt & Ingredients Company (Chilton, Wis.) has changed its organic certifying agency to Oregon Tilth (Salem, Ore.).
The In Box
July 1, 2005