For daily industry news updates, see the homepages of www.PreparedFoods.com and www.NutraSolutions.com.
* Tara Korde was named product marketing manager for CSM Co.’s Caravan Ingredients.
* Alchem International Ltd. opened its first North American office in Minneapolis, with sales and marketing office spearheaded by Laurent Leduc.
* The Flax Council of Canada and Glanbia Nutritionals announced an extensive updated Flax Research Database for Human Health and Nutrition available at www.flaxcouncil.ca/english/index.jsp?p=abstractsearch&mp=databases&categoryId=1.
* Gelita AG is selling its shares in R.P. Scherer to majority shareholder Catalent.
* Vegetable Juices Inc. named Elizabeth Doyle president and CEO, Steve Wiley C.O.O. and Dr. Susan Abraham vice president of quality.
* Women in Flavor & Fragrance Commerce announced its 2012 general board of directors: president, Celine Roche (Mane USA); vice president, Amy Marks-McGee (Trendincite LLC); secretary, Kathryn Bardsley (IFF); and treasurer, June Burkhardt (JC Burkhardt Consulting).
* Novus International Inc. received the Arts and Education Council’s “Corporate Support of the Arts Award,” given annually to an organization that demonstrates a true commitment to the local arts community in St. Louis.
* Citromax Flavors Inc. appointed Suzy Nolan vice president of commercial operations.
* Kevin Nicolson is Virginia Dare’s new quality assurance manager.
* Prinova USA is now distributing Kaden Biochemicals GmbH botanical products in North America.
* D.D. Williamson & Co. added its first video interview in Spanish in the company’s online Expert Answers series. It also introduced two new industry interviews in the series: Kantha Shelke discussing the importance of color in food and beverage products; and Bheki Nkwanyana sharing insights into third-party audits, certifications and food safety in the food and beverage industry.
* Jennifer Thomas and Frank Gutjahr joined P.L. Thomas & Co. as the East Coast territory manager for nutraceuticals sales and as a key account manager for food sales, respectively.
* Brenntag Specialties Inc. and Horn Co. are now part of BASF Corp.’s human nutrition distribution network.
* The Diana Group appointed Bastien Guelton as group M&A manager.
* Bell Flavors and Fragrances Inc. named Timothy Lauren vice president of U.S. Fragrance Sales and Trista Walas as sensory manager.
* Flavorchem Corp. acquired Marnap Industries Inc.
* Sodexo Inc. appointed Olivier Poirot senior vice president and chief financial officer.
* Corn Products International hired Santiago Vega as senior manager, nutrition marketing.
* Nestlé SA increased its stake in Osem Investments Ltd. by 4.99%, to take its holding to 58.76%.
* Kerry Ingredients & Flavours, Americas announced a $10 million expansion of its Beloit, Wis., plant.
* Sensient Technologies Corp. opened its new color and flavor complex in Jundiai, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
* Rich Products Corp. named Kevin Malchoff executive vice president of Global Business Development and to its board of directors.
* ConAgra Foods Inc. agreed to acquire Del Monte Canada Inc. from an affiliate of private equity firm Sun Capital Partners Inc.
* PepsiCo and Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc. formed a strategic alliance in Latin America.
* Frutarom Industries Ltd. acquired 56% of the share capital of the Etol d.d., a Slovenian company, and also signed an agreement for the acquisition of the British company Savoury Flavours (Holding) Ltd.
* Kemin Industries received Food Safety System Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000) for all food ingredients manufactured in its Belgian facility.
* The Coca-Cola Co. will invest $1 billion in its operations in Mexico this year as part of a $5 billion long-term investment plan.
* Davisco Foods International Inc. named Jon Davis president and chief executive officer.
* Mizkan Americas announced organizational changes for Mizkan Americas, Mizkan Europe and Border Foods Inc.