A host of new snack introductions could be found at the 2013 Sweets & Snacks Expo, all hoping for the success enjoyed by the recently announced New Product Pacesetters for 2012.
- Autocrat LCC has announced the promotion of Stephen M. Olyha from vice president sales to chief operating officer (COO).
- Inventure Foods Inc. signed a non-binding letter of intent for the purchase of the berry processing business of Willamette Valley Fruit Company.
- Soupman Inc. named Lloyd Sugarman to the position of chief executive officer.
- The WhiteWave Foods Company will invest $69.8 million to expand its operation in the town of Mount Crawford in Virginia.
- Westin Foods has expanded its Health and Wellness division by acquiring a majority interest in Dominex, LC, of St. Augustine, Fla.
- Proliant Dairy Ingredients has announced the additions of Daniel Landero and Zahid Mozaffar to its management team.
- SymphonyIRI Group Inc. announced it is embracing its founding name of Information Resources Inc. and rebranding as IRI.