January 2/Canton, Mass./Press Release -- Dunkin’ Donuts is kicking off 2013 with several “smart” new ways to help people hit the New Year running. To start, Dunkin’ Donuts launched its DDSMART Twitter Sweepstakes, and the company has also added the new Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich to its DDSMART menu in select markets.
A breakfast sandwich option under 400 calories, the Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich features a pepper fried egg, turkey sausage patty and a slice of reduced-fat cheddar cheese, served on an oven-toasted English Muffin. The Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich is available for a limited time only at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in New England and the Mid-Atlantic United States.
Dunkin’ Donuts notes its DDSMART menu offers an array of choices for guests seeking better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality or value. Many of these food and beverages have fewer than 300 calories, including:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories) are available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
- Wake-Up Wraps are for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly-prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. Wake-Up Wraps are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (180 calories) and Ham, Egg & Cheese (200 calories).
- Small Latte Lite has 80 calories and is made with skim milk and Splenda.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened hot teas are all zero-calories.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened small and medium Iced Teas have five calories.
January is National Oatmeal Month, and Dunkin’ Donuts’ DDSMART menu also includes Quaker Oatmeal, available in two hearty varieties, Original and Brown Sugar flavor, both of which are served with dried fruit. Dunkin’ Donuts’ Quaker Oatmeal with dried fruit has 270 calories and the Brown Sugar flavor variety with dried fruit has 300 calories.
All food and beverages with the DDSMART Logo are: Reduced in calories, fat, saturated fat, sugar or sodium by at least 25% compared to a base product or other appropriate reference product and/or contain ingredients that are nutritionally beneficial.
“Dunkin’ Donuts is committed to offering a wide range of product choices so our guests can make decisions that are right for them,” said Stan Frankenthaler, Dunkin’ Brands’ executive chef and vice president of Product Innovation. “Our DDSMART menu provides people with delicious better-for-you foods and beverages that make it easy to eat smart on-the-go.”