For more than 45 years, families have turned to Jimmy Dean for breakfast sausage and breakfast entrée options. Now Hillshire Brands Company, Chicago, has introduced 16 new sandwiches and entrée bowls to expand Jimmy Dean’s reach into lunch and dinnertime occasions.
Officials say it’s the largest product launch in the brand’s history.
“For years, it has been our promise as a brand to provide consumers with convenient frozen breakfast sandwiches and breakfast bowls that are full of flavor and made with high-quality ingredients,” says Eric Schwartz, group vice president and general manager, Jimmy Dean brand. “At a time when consumers are dissatisfied with the current lunch and dinner options available in the frozen aisle, we’re uniquely able to build upon our expertise in breakfast and bring new, flavorful options that consumers can enjoy at lunch, dinner or even snack time.”
Here’s how Hillshire Brands describes each new offering:
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – slow cooked pulled pork in barbecue sauce on a buttermilk biscuit
- Hickory Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich – delicious hickory smoked turkey with sharp cheddar cheese and sliced applewood smoked bacon on a soft country bun
- Smoked Sausage Sandwich – savory smoked sausage paired with peppers and onions in a French onion sauce, topped with provolone cheese on a soft country bun
- Beef Sandwich – delicious shredded beef smothered in a smoky barbecue sauce on a soft country bun
- Grilled Steak Bowl – a mix of grilled steak, golden potatoes, peppers and onions in a savory beef sauce
- Smoked Bacon Mac & Cheese Bowl – a blend of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar cheese sauce with bacon
- Pulled Pork Bowl –delicious pulled pork smothered in barbecue sauce mixed with golden potatoes
- Golden Roasted Chicken Bowl – flavorful golden roasted chicken mixed with golden potatoes, peppers and onions in a creamy herb sauce
- Smoked Ham Sandwich – two smoked ham sandwiches topped with sharp cheddar cheese on a pretzel bun
- Pulled Chicken Sandwich – two home-style pulled chicken sandwiches in barbecue sauce on a honey wheat bun
- Hickory Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich – two hickory smoked turkey breast sandwiches with applewood smoked bacon and sharp cheddar cheese on a honey wheat bun
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – two savory pulled pork sandwiches in a chipotle barbecue sauce on a soft pretzel bun
- Golden Roasted Turkey Bowl – golden roasted turkey mixed with potatoes, carrots, and celery in a creamy herb sauce
- Three Cheese Pasta Bowl – a blend of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar cheese sauce
- Hickory Smoked Ham Bowl – hickory smoked ham mixed with golden potatoes and peas in a creamy herb sauce
- Southwest Style Grilled Chicken Bowl – southwest style grilled chicken mixed with rice, peppers, onions, roasted corn and black beans in a Tex-Mex sauce
All offerings are microwaveable and ready within minutes. To ensure the sandwich bun always comes out of the microwave soft—instead of soggy—Hillshire Brands says it a patented Heat Fresh® microwavable pouch, winner of the 2014 DuPont Award for innovation, which makes it possible to heat the frozen sandwich in a single step right inside the package.
Adds Schwartz, “Jimmy Dean is no longer just for breakfast, and the launch of the new lunch and dinner offerings marks the biggest product launch in the brand’s history. We’re confident that each new product will deliver on our promise to provide consumers with great-tasting, quality food they’ll love.”
The new items are available in the frozen entrees section of grocery stores nationwide and have a suggested retail price of $2.49 -$2.99 for the sandwiches, and $2.99 - $3.49 for the bowls. The line includes eight Delights by Jimmy Dean items that contain 300 calories or less.