Fishpeople Seafood, known for its innovative, shelf-stable seafood entrees, bisques and chowders, launched a new collection of ready-to-eat seafood entrees, inspired by the flavors of comfort food. The company will also expand its popular chowder and bisque line with two new flavors in retort pouches.
“We’re here to take the intimidation and mess out of preparing seafood with convenient restaurant-quality entrees and soups,” said Duncan Berry, CEO and co-founder of Fishpeople. “Consumers know fish is healthy and a good source of Omega-3s and protein, but are looking for a hassle-free way to enjoy seafood. Our new Comfort Seafood Collection brings true innovation to the category by combining fresh, high-quality seafood that is traceable to its source with chef-inspired recipes in shelf-stable packaging. There is nothing else like this on the shelf today.”
Convenient, One-Step Seafood Meals
The new complete meals feature sustainably sourced seafood from the coastal waters of the Pacific and the North Atlantic, combined with chef-inspired ingredients from fennel tips and fire-roasted Roma tomatoes to Oregon chanterelles and Meyer lemons. Loaded with healthy Omega-3s and more than 15 grams of protein, each individual serving is convenient and ready to heat and serve in 90 seconds. Packaged in BPA-free trays, the new meals will be available at conventional and natural grocers nationwide later this year ($4.99 for 10 oz.)
The new Comfort Seafood Collection includes:
- Wild Salmon with Pasta and Mushrooms – Sustainably caught Pacific salmon with sea shell pasta and Oregon chanterelles in a light cream sauce.
- Wild Pacific Sole in Meyer Lemon Caper Sauce with Wild and Long Grain Rice – Flaky, delicate Pacific Coast sole, paired with tangy Meyer lemon juice, capers, fresh herbs and blended with long grain and wild rice.
- Albacore Tuna Noodle Casserole – Young wild caught Albacore tuna, with corkscrew pasta and mushrooms in a sauce of naturally aged sharp cheddar cheese, farm-fresh sweet onions, garlic, and spices.
- Wild Seafood Risotto – Wild caught Northwest salmon, tender pink shrimp and sea clams together with fennel tips, fire-roasted Roma tomatoes, corn, fresh-pressed olive oil, and a splash of chablis.
- Wild Crab Mac and Cheese – Tender deep-water red crab with fresh penne pasta and naturally aged sharp cheddar cheese, in a cream sauce of Northwest sweet onions, garlic, pepper, cayenne, chili and nutmeg.