California Pizza Kitchen Launches Oven-Ready Pizzas
New Gluten-Free and Hand-Tossed Style products make up new additions to frozen food case
California Pizza Kitchen® introduced two new crusts in five new oven-ready varieties. Currently available in grocers nationwide, these new pizzas deliver unexpectedly delicious flavor using thoughtfully selected premium ingredients.
“At California Pizza Kitchen, we put a great deal of thought into how we craft our pizzas to make sure each one is special – from the type of tomatoes we use to where and how the basil is grown – so that we can deliver on delicious in unexpected ways,” said Steven Frye, brand manager for Nestle Pizza. “Our newest oven-ready pizzas bring restaurant-inspired recipes and flavorful combinations of ingredients – like vine-ripened tomatoes and smooth mozzarella with a balsamic-infused sauce – straight to your kitchen.”
Newly Launched Varieties
Rooted in the success of the Crispy Thin Crust pizzas, two new product lines – Gluten-Free and Hand-Tossed Style – are available in stores now:
Gluten-Free Crispy Thin Crust Style pizzas supply the same unforgettable flavor without the gluten. They’re carefully crafted with no artificial flavors and a preservative-free crust, and are available in the following varieties:
• Gluten-Free Crispy Thin Crust Margherita: Made with vine-ripened tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, sweet basil and mozzarella, this recipe features a tomato sauce infused with balsamic vinegar on a crispy thin gluten-free crust.
• Gluten-Free Crispy Thin Crust BBQ Recipe Chicken: Grilled white meat chicken is combined with red onions, cilantro, smoked Gouda and mozzarella cheeses, and a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce to satisfy that same unforgettable flavor of consumers’ favorite California Pizza Kitchen pizza.
Offering a pizza crust sensation that’s artisan-style in every way, new Hand-Tossed Style pizzas are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Inspired by the restaurant’s most popular crust, it is available with three mouthwatering and uniquely California Pizza Kitchen topping combinations:
• Hand-Tossed Style The Works: This version of a Supreme pizza combines pepperoni, Italian pork sausage, green bell peppers, caramelized onions, white button mushrooms, black olives and mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago and Romano cheeses, topped with an herbed tomato sauce.
• Hand-Tossed Style California Style White: Sweet tomatoes balance a kick of garlic in this pizza recipe, complemented by chopped spinach, premium ricotta and mozzarella, and fine Parmesan, Asiago and Romano cheeses, finished with a creamy garlic sauce.
• Hand-Tossed Style BBQ Recipe Chicken with Bacon: Applewood smoked bacon, BBQ-seasoned white meat chicken, sliced red onions, premium smoked Gouda and mozzarella come together to create a tasty twist on an original favorite. It’s topped with chopped cilantro and a tangy BBQ sauce.