Kellogg Launches New Product Collection
More than 40 introductions from iconic brands fall along current trend lines
Kellogg Company's U.S. brands will debut more that 40 new products in early 2016, each reflecting new or emerging consumer needs and preferences. The new products include 16 new ways to enjoy cereal, bold flavors from popular snack brands such as Pringles® and Cheez-It ® and new frozen foods from Eggo® and MorningStar Farms®.
New ingredients, breakfast flavors
Knowing that many women are looking for wholesome, great tasting breakfast options, Special K® will launch new Special K Nourish® cereals with positive nutrition and ingredients the consumer can see in the food. There are two flavor combinations, Apple Raspberry Almond and Coconut Cranberry Almond, both with multi-grain quinoa flakes.
Mini-Wheats® Harvest Delights debuts in two varieties. Cranberry with Yogurt Drizzle has eight layers of 100% red wheat with baked-in cranberries bits, while the Blueberry variety features baked-in blueberry bits, topped with a vanilla drizzle. Both flavors offer a hearty texture and taste that comes from whole grain red wheat.
An entirely new approach to on-the-go breakfast
New Kellogg's To Go Breakfast Mix combines cereal pieces and nuts in two savory options. They come in single-serving pouches and are made to be enjoyed without milk. The cereal pieces are larger than traditional cereal for optimal finger-to-mouth munching and the resealable pouch was ergonomically designed to allow fingers to easily access the food and to fit in a car's cup holder. They debut in Salted Caramel & Praline Almond, and Cinnamon Roasted Candied Pecan. Each serving has 4 grams of protein, 3 grams fiber and 15 grams of whole grain. (4 - 4.5 grams total fat/serving.)
Other new breakfast foods products from Kellogg's include:
• Kellogg's Smorz® cereal – crunchy graham cereal pieces in a rich Chocolately coating with marshmallows – is being re-introduced in response to requests from loyal cereal lovers.
• New Kellogg's® JIF PB&J cereal features whole grain squares coated with real JIF peanut butter, partnered with the crunchy strawberry flavored puffs.
• Pop-Tarts® is adding new flavors and limited editions – including Frosted Chocolatey Caramel, Maple Bacon and Watermelon – in addition to seasonal varieties Pink Lemonade and Spring Strawberry.
• Kellogg's three limited edition cereal that celebrated the excitement of some of entertainment properties – Marvel's Captain America Civil War, Disney's Finding Dory, and Disney's Frozen – with collectable packages.
• Cereal in a cup is a fast growing segments in grocery stores, and Kellogg's is fueling this growth by putting some of the newest Kellogg cereals in convenient grab-n-go cups. The new on-the-go offerings include Frosted Flakes® with Energy Clusters, Special K® Protein, Froot Loops® Bloopers® and Special K® Granola.
Innovative Snack Options
In snacks, consumers are seeking bold, unique flavors, and Kellogg brands are providing new options.
• Pringles will start the year with five new varieties, including Tortilla Krispy Corn and Black Bean, Tortilla Chili Cheese and Buffalo Ranch. It also will debut Pringles Lightly Salted original crisps (with 50% less sodium) and Lightly Salted Cheddar Cheese crisps.
• Snack fans want bold flavors and Cheez-It is delivering with the launch of two on-trend snack mixes – Sweet and Salty with M&Ms, and Sriracha – along with Cheez-it Grooves® Hot & Spicy Cheddar crackers.
• For people seeking a wholesome snack with visible, recognizable ingredients, Nutri-Grain® is launching new Fruit and Nut bars in cherry almond and blueberry almond varieties.
• Thin cookies are very much on trend and the Keebler® Elves have been hard at work developing their own magical versions, Simply Made® Chocolate Chip Cookie Thins and Simply Made Crispy Lemon Sugar Cookie. These thin treats are made with simple ingredients you would expect to find in your kitchen, such as flour, eggs, butter and real sugar.
Hot Additions to the Frozen Food Aisle
Kellogg brands are also bringing new products to the frozen food aisle, including new offerings from Eggo® and MorningStar Farms®.
• Eggo Thick and Fluffy Chocolatey Chip Strawberry waffles provide a homemade waffle experience that is for breakfast or snacking.
• MorningStar Farms Meal Starters® Chik'n Strips and Meal Starters Steak Strips are a convenient way to create vegetarian cuisine or make meatless versions of your favorite recipes. Each serving has 23 grams of protein per serving and 150 calories.
• MorningStar Farms Thai Yellow Curry Veggie Bowl, and Morning Star Farms Mushroom & Asparagus Orzo Veggie Bowl are easy-to-prepare vegetarian meals with 9g-14g of protein. They feature simple ingredients in a meal for less than 300 calories.
• Morning Star Farms White Bean Chili Burgers are made with white beans and green chilies and a blend of Southwest herbs and spices. It is vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified, and made with organic ingredients.