Abbott Introduces Curate Snacks
New gluten-free snack bars available in six varieties
As snacks and smaller meals continue to be a big part of daily diets, people continue to look for snacks that are nutritious – made with wholesome, real food ingredients – but also have rich, complex flavors. With this in mind, Abbott introduced Curate – a new brand that takes a culinary approach to snacking.
"Even with countless nutritious snack options in store, people told us they still weren't quite satisfied and were often looking to make their own snacks using ingredients from their kitchen," Dustin Finkel, General Manager, Nutritious Snacks, Abbott, said. "We saw this as an opportunity to create a snack brand that tastes handcrafted, with rich textures and flavors you would expect from a chef and blends of ingredients you can find in nearly every grocery or natural food store."
Every Curate snack starts with hand-selected, real food ingredients like Mission figs, Marcona almonds, balsamic vinegar, quinoa, chia seeds and elderberry. Each bar brings these flavors together in unique ways.
Curate is launching with six flavor recipes. These snack bars are a good source of plant-based fiber, contain protein and are made without artificial preservatives, flavors or colors. These non-GMO, gluten-free bars include:
• Dark & Tempting: Balsamic vinegar, fig and hazelnut come together in a sweet and savory blend rounded out with orange citrus zest.
• Harmonious Blend: Marcona almond and apricot are the stars of this bar with refreshing hints of lemon, vinegar, quinoa and honey.
• Irresistible: Chocolate, strawberries and pistachio stand out in this arrangement of toasted oats, quinoa and almond butter.
• Indulgent: Dark chocolate and hazelnuts are blended with chia seeds and almonds, and finished with sweet vanilla.
• Salted Decadence: Dark chocolate and almonds are combined with hemp seeds and quinoa, while the California sea salt enhances these flavors.
• Sweet & Tart Berry Bliss: Wild blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and cranberries mixed with almonds, chia seeds and quinoa are topped off with a sprinkle of flax seeds.