Rabobank Announces Final Five for FoodBytes! Brooklyn
Additional startup companies invited to give “60 Seconds spots” presentations
Rabobank announced the final five companies to present at FoodBytes! Brooklyn, and they are True Made Foods, The Chaat Co, Sophie's Kitchen Vegan Seafood, DouxMatok Ltd, NOA Potions. FoodBytes! Brooklyn is scheduled for Thursday, March 3, 2016 at The Hall at MP in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Here’s info on each of the final five companies presenting at FoodBytes! Brooklyn:
• True Made Foods - uses fresh vegetables to naturally sweeten their products (such as True Ketchup, True BBQ Sauce and Veracha Hot Sauce) whilst drastically cutting back on added sugar, providing you with a tasty healthy alternative.
• The Chaat Co - recently launched a line of savory yogurt snacks inspired by the unique flavors and ingredients of Indian street snacks commonly known as "chaat". The company intends to extend the $8 billion American yogurt market, consisting primarily of a sweet product for breakfast, into a savory snack with no-added sugar and crunchy lentil puffs as toppings.
• Sophie's Kitchen Vegan Seafood - produces ready to eat vegan/vegetarian plant-based food products by using a patent-pending process out of pea protein and the superfood konjac root.
• DouxMatok Ltd - has developed sugars with enhanced sweetness allowing for a considerable reduction in the consumption of sugars in foods and beverages whilst retaining the same “full sugar experience”. DouxMatok sugars have been successfully tested by leading global companies in baked products, morning cereals, dairy products, chocolates & other confectionery and in a number of beverages.
• NOA Potions – produce a beverage (NOA Relaxation) with natural herbs that lessens stress and increases focus. They have combined cutting-edge scientific research with ancient traditions and is made from natural ingredients and inspired by the purity of the Scandinavian nature.
These companies will present at FoodBytes! Brooklyn along with:
• LoveTheWild – pairs sustainable fish with bold flavors and easy cooking instructions for an all-in-one solution to cooking great, healthy meals at home. Increasing seafood consumptions will have a meaningful impact on population health, and lighten our agricultural footprints on the earth.
• Masienda – sell Mexican corn to meet the demands of chefs producing high quality Mexican food in New York, Los Angeles and beyond. Their core mission is to source, import and purvey the highest quality products while creating a fair market that promotes agricultural biodiversity, sustainability and supports smallholder farmers in Mexico. Masienda will begin offering a catalog of value-added products in 2016, including fresh heirloom tortillas, masa harina and chips.
• Kakaxi - a 21st century solution to the growing disconnect between farmers and consumer. The Kakaxi smart-farm monitoring device and mobile App provides valuable information to farmers through data collection and satisfies consumer curiosity through time-lapse video and social news feed.
• FreshTemp – temperature management technology with cloud connectivity that provides complete food safety and operations management for commercial kitchens - from large-chain, quick service restaurants to independent dining services to food retailers.
• Arable Labs – created the Pulsepod - a complete solution for crop management that provides scientific quality measurements such as rainfall, crop water demand, water stress, microclimate, canopy biomass and more. Jam-packed with sensors that fit into the palm of your hand and weighs under a pound with integrated mounting so it can be used anywhere in vegetables, field crops, perennials or pastures.
Each of the ten demoing companies will have the opportunity to showcase their business in a five-minute presentation to an audience filled with investors, media, technologists, and others. In addition, each company will have to chance to answer questions from the audience for another five minutes.
In addition, FoodBytes! Brooklyn will also feature “60 Seconds Spots,” giving other startups an opportunity to give a quick one-minute presentation to the audience. Scheduled companies for this portion of the event include Mercaris, Localize, Flatev. An open mic as part of “60 Seconds Spots” will also be made available to other startups looking to present on the day.
FoodBytes! Brooklyn People’s Choice Award
Attendees at FoodBytes! Brooklyn will have the opportunity to vote for the startup that should win the People’s Choice Award. Voting will take place at the end of the event and the startup with the highest ranking will be crowned the FoodBytes! Brooklyn People’s Choice Award winner and will receive a logo to display in its marketing materials. The winner and potential runners-up will also be invited to attend Rabobank’s premier invitation-only Client Appreciation Events in December 2016 in New York City, which attracts C-suite representation from over 300 of North America’s leading food, beverage and agribusiness companies. Additionally, the FoodBytes! Brooklyn People’s Choice Award winner with also receive mentorship from the IBM Watson Ecosystem team on how to bring cognitive computing and artificial intelligence to their business.
“We are excited to announce the full lineup of companies invited to present at FoodBytes! Brooklyn,” said Manuel Gonzalez, Managing Director and Rabobank’s West Coast Head of Corporate Clients. “Innovation is the fabric that spurs advances in every facet of our world, especially the food and agribusiness industries. At Rabobank, we’ve always had a seat at the table with food, beverage, and agriculture companies. We’re committed to ensuring the security of world’s global food supply and look for new ways to maintain that mission, a big reason for FoodBytes.”
FoodBytes! Brooklyn is a premiere event series committed to connecting food, agribusiness, beverage and tech start-ups with investors, executives and industry leaders. FoodBytes! Brooklyn, will be the first of the series to be held on the East Coast. SF New Tech, San Francisco's largest and longest-running tech showcase company, and Food + Tech Connect, the New York-based site of record and community for the food tech and innovation sector, are partnering with Rabobank to bring FoodBytes! to New York.
Investors looking to be apart of a new and bright idea in food will meet current and innovative companies that are disrupting across the food chain and in food-related software and applications, distribution, manufacturing, production and more.
FoodBytes! Brooklyn is expected to draw over 350 attendees and tickets are available to purchase via the FoodBytes! website and the media partners for the event are Edible Brooklyn & Gothamist. For coverage of FoodBytes! Brooklyn, follow FoodBytes! and Rabobank on Twitter @FoodBytes and @RaboWholesale or view curated content via the hashtag #FoodBytes.