New Mixes From Pamela’s Products
The additions seek to feed growing consumer demand for nutrient-dense foods that align with specialty-food diets
Pamela’s Products launched a Nut Flour Blend and a Grain-Free Pancake Mix, along with a line of Sprouted Grain Pancake Mixes. These additions seek to feed growing consumer demand for nutrient-dense foods that specifically align with the many specialty-food diets that 44% of US consumers subscribe to – vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, Paleo and more.
“I’m particularly proud of our Sprouted Grain Pancake Mixes that remind me of when my father first introduced sprouted whole grains into his natural foods store 50 years ago,” says founder and CEO Pamela Giusto-Sorrells. “As I developed these new lines, I used my background of working in my family’s bakery and my 28 years of experience blending my gluten-free mixes to create higher-protein, nutrition-packed products that also achieve my high standards for taste.”
The fastest growing subset of the baking mix category, grain-free appeals to those with a wide range of dietary needs, including those following a dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, or Paleo diet.
- Pamela’s Nut Flour Blend – The first of its kind on the market, this blend offers a naturally sweet taste that combines almond flour, organic coconut flour, pecan flour and walnut flour and can be used just like almond meal.
- Pamela’s Grain-Free Pancake Mix – Rich in flavor with a moist texture, this mix is made from nut and coconut flours and offers six grams of protein and zero grams of sugar.
Sprouted Grain Pancake Mixes
Sprouted grains are quickly gaining interest with consumers who feel that they are easier for the body to process. Pamela’s new line of pancake mixes are made with organic sprouted grains and aim to build off the success of the Baking & Pancake Mix, which is currently the top-selling pancake mix in the natural channel.
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix – This mix offers the comfort of old-fashioned buttermilk pancakes with a strong nutritional profile.
- Protein Pancake Mix – Reap the benefits of 10 grams of protein by just eating pancakes made with Pamela’s Protein Pancake Mix.
- Non-Dairy Pancake Mix – An answer to Pamela’s fans most requested attribute, this mix whips up soft and fluffy pancakes and waffles that are free of dairy.
- 6 Grain Pancake Mix – This mix creates hearty pancakes, but with the added benefit of six organic sprouted whole grains.
- Buckwheat Pancake Mix – Wholesome and nutritious, this mix offers traditional buckwheat pancake flavor with the added nutritional benefit of organic sprouted grains.