Sabra’s Whirled Peas is a limited-time pop-up experience boldly reimagining the versatile Mediterranean dish as inspired by global culture and cuisine. Five chefs, each celebrated for sharing their heritage flavorfully through food, will collaborate with chef, cookbook author, and restauranteur Einat Admony to introduce a collection of original dishes featuring the plant-based favorite, reinterpreted. Presented by Sabra®, ‘Whirled Peas’ will be open to the public October 11-November 24 with reservations available through the Resy app and on Resy.com.
A recent study conducted by OnePoll in conjunction with Sabra examined how Americans look at culture and food, revealing Americans feel food is a true unifier. Among respondents, 84% indicate food is a welcoming and approachable way to share cultures with others and 88% cite food and recipes as preferred ways to first experience new cultures.
To create the unique pop-up experience, Sabra takes over and transforms Kish-Kash, a West Village based restaurant owned by Chef Admony whose new book “Shuk” was released last month.
Whirled Peas Chefs:
• Einat Admony - (NYC) Chef at Kish-Kash, Taim, and Balaboosta and author of Shuk: From Market to Table, the Heart of Israeli Home Cooking.
• Wes Avila - (LA) James Beard Semi-Finalist for Best Chef, cookbook author and owner of Guerilla Tacos , Avila was awarded the Bib Gourmand in the Michelin Guide to California in 2019.
• Esther Choi - (NYC) Hailed as New Rising Chef by Food Republic and named a Zagat 30 under 30 NYC Culinary Rockstar, Esther owns Mŏkbar and Ms. Yoo in NYC.
• Kwame Onwuachi – (DC) James Beard Award-winning executive chef at Kith/Kin and author of Notes from a Young Black Chef, the former Top Chef contestant was named one of Food & Wines Best New Chefs and a 30 Under 30 honoree by both Zagat and Forbes.
• Jet Tila – (LA) Chef, cookbook author (101 Epic Dishes) and TV personality, Chef Tila is the official Culinary Ambassador of Thai Cuisine. He has appeared on Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain, Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, The Today Show, Beat Bobby Flay and stars in a new Food Network digital series Ready Jet Cook!
• Deborah VanTrece– (GA) Owner of Twisted Soul Cookhouse and Pours and noted caterer for the Centennial Olympics, has been seen on Food Network and was named one of Zagat’s Most Badass Female Chefs.