The N.C. Food Innovation Lab (NCFIL) officially launched on Nov. 14, 2019 with a ribbon cutting, facility tour and open house celebration. NCFIL is a 16,000 sq. ft. plant-based food processing and product development facility located on the 350-acre N.C. Research Campus in Kannapolis, N.C. CRB designed and constructed the pilot-scale facility using a ONEsolutionTM approach.
The facility, complete with state-of-the-art equipment, will serve as a catalyst for plant-based food research and food manufacturing. NCFIL is ready to serve its local, regional and global community—including growth-phase entrepreneurs, established food companies, venture capitalists and accelerators.
The North Carolina Food Innovation Lab is a state-of-the-art facility assisting food companies and entrepreneurs in creating the plant-based foods of tomorrow.
Equipped with the latest technology, the strength of North Carolina agriculture and some of the smartest minds in food science, the North Carolina Food Innovation Lab takes promising plant-based product ideas from seed to supermarket.
The facility is owned/operated by NCFIL.
NCFIL partners include:
• North Carolina State University, provides food science and food manufacturing expertise
• North Carolina Research Campus, brings synergy of disciplines
• North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, promotes North Carolina products, provides business services, and ensures food safety
• Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina, provides corporate and entrepreneurial resources
• North Carolina General Assembly, invested in construction, marketing, and sustaining of facility
• Golden LEAF Foundation, awarded grant for state-of-the-art equipment