Gardein, a brand of Conagra Brands, Inc. debuted five new Gardein Soups, the first-ever line-up of soups featuring plant-based meat alternatives.
Each soup's protein source is plant-based and delivers 10-15g of protein per serving. Wholesome real vegetables and vegan broth bases highlight the ingredient list of each soup. As with all vegan offerings, the soups are also dairy- and egg-free. All five Gardein soups are both Non-GMO Project Verified and Vegan Action Certified. They contain no artificial preservatives or flavors, with 0mg of cholesterol.
The five flavors in the Gardein Soups collection include:
• Plant-Based Chick'n Noodl': Made with plant-based Chick'n vegan noodl's and vegetables; 13g protein
• Plant-Based Be'f & Vegetable: Made with plant-based be'f and country vegetables; 15g protein
• Plant-Based Saus'ge Gumbo: Made with plant-based saus'ge, rice and vegetables; 10g protein
• Plant-Based Chick'n & Rice: Made with plant-based chick'n, rice and vegetables; 11g protein
• Plant-Based Minestrone & Saus'ge: Made with plant-based Italian saus'ge, vegan noodl's and vegetables; 14g protein
In addition to the great taste of these new soups, plant-based foods offer a benefit to the environment as well. Plant-based diets are recognized as having a reduced carbon footprint and using fewer water, land, and energy resources versus meat-based diets.
Gardein Soups are available at grocery stores and mass retailers nationwide, as well as through e-commerce outlets. Each 15oz can with a suggested SRP of $2.99.