The IFT Fellow designation is an honor bestowed upon IFT members by their peers, recognizing exemplary advancement, service to the food science and technology professions, inspiration of others to excel in the food science and technology field, primary responsibility for the success of a new food product, and/or improvement of the human condition via food science and technology. The designation of Fellow rewards outstanding, sustained accomplishment in the field. Nominations are made by IFT members with IFT Fellows acting as references and the IFT Fellows Jury evaluates the credentials of each proposed new Fellow and vote annually.
The 2013 IFT Fellows are as follows:
• Ashim Datta, PhD, Professor at Cornell University
• Michael duBois, Director at Rutgers Food Innovation Center
• Elisabeth Huff-Lonergan, PhD, Professor at Iowa State University
• Lekh Raj Juneja, PhD, Executive Vice President of Taiyo Kagaku Co. Ltd./ President of Taiyo International
• Larry Keener, CFS, President and Chief Executive of International Product Safety Consultants Inc.
• Lucina Lampila, PhD, CFS, Associate Professor at Louisiana State University Agricultural Center
• Chong Lee, PhD, Professor Emeritus and Researcher at University of Rhode Island
• Gary List, Former Lead Scientist at the National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research
• Rosana Moreira, PhD, Professor of Food Engineering and Assistant Department Head for Texas A&M University
• Witoon Prinyawiwatkul, PhD,CFS, Professor at Louisiana State University
• PV Suryaprakasa Rao,CFS, Technical Director and Advisor for Priya Foods (P) Ltd.
• Martin Wiedmann, PhD, Professor at Cornell University