October 3/Minneapolis -- Progresso expands its soup offerings with the introduction of Artisan Soups. The line, featuring a new repertoire of ingredients, comes in five flavorful varieties and demonstrates the Progresso brand's "commitment to celebrating authentic taste and exploring new flavors," notes a company release. It is also the first ready-to-serve soup line from Progresso available in a Tetra Pak carton. This packaging allows the soup to cook in a whole new way -- one that lets the freshness and flavor of ingredients shine.
With development led by Progresso culinary expert Heidi Teoh, the new Artisan Soup line offers a twist on classic soup varieties. The soups feature unique spice blends like Masala curry and coconut milk, and incorporate simple, high-quality ingredients like kale, that are new to the Progresso ingredient repertoire. The soups have been crafted with care to deliver innovative flavor combinations and taste discoveries.
"Creating remarkable flavor has always been a passion of mine, as is the quality of every ingredient I use when I cook," said Teoh. "I'm so excited we're featuring vegetables like fire roasted red peppers, butternut squash and wonderful root vegetables like turnips and parsnips in this new line of soups."
The Artisan line includes vegetable bisque and hearty soup varieties.
- Creamy Tomato with Roasted Red Peppers - Vine ripe tomatoes meld with fire roasted red peppers to create a rich and creamy tomato soup with hints of roasted garlic, olive oil and flavorful spices
- Masala Curry Butternut Squash - The sweet, nutty flavor of roasted butternut squash is enhanced by the addition of warm curry spices, coconut milk and a small kick of cayenne
- Rustic Tomato with Chicken and Dumplings - A boldly flavored and chunky tomato sauce is the base of this flavorful soup with hearty chicken and dumplings
- Creamy Potato with Sausage and Kale - Skin-on russet potatoes add a hearty texture to flavorful roasted Italian sausage and leafy kale in creamy broth
- Smoky White Bean and Winter Vegetables - White navy beans and black-eyed peas stewed in rich chicken stock with an assortment of hearty winter vegetables creates a satisfying taste experience with a hint of smoked paprika
"I grew up eating Progresso, so I'm proud to partner with the beloved brand," said restaurateur Joe Bastianich. "Both the vegetable bisques and hearty soups compliment the most amazing meals. The new line of Artisan soups combines the delicious tastes Progresso is known for and the ones I've always savored."
The new Tetra Pak carton not only protects Artisan's simple ingredients and great flavors, but also makes recycling easier. The unique carton is constructed mainly from paper and 70% of Tetra Pak cartons are made from selectively harvested and regrown trees.
Artisan Soups are available in grocery stores along the Eastern Seaboard from Southern Florida to Maine and can be found in the soup aisle for a suggested retail price of $2.99 for a 17.6 or 17.2oz. carton, ounces vary depending on the flavor.