February 26/Oakland, Calif. -- Nestle Dreyers Ice Cream's Outshine fruit bars brand is launching the first national line of frozen fruit bars that combines fruit and vegetable ingredients. The line, called "Fruit and Veggie bars," features five new flavors: Blueberry Medley, Tangerine Carrot, Apple and Greens, Peach Mango Medley and Strawberry Rhubarb. The new line also includes a 12-count multi-pack featuring Strawberry Rhubarb, Tangerine Carrot and Blueberry Medley.
"We wanted to add a unique twist to our namesake fruit bars with fruit and vegetable combinations in delicious, complementary flavors," said Kerry Hopkins, Outshine Brand Manager. "By adding vegetables to our recipes in this new line, we have created distinct flavor profiles that are a tasty way to include vegetables in your diet."
The new Fruit and Veggie bars line offers a fruit and vegetable frozen snack with 35-60 calories each. Fruit and Veggie bars contain at least 25% vegetables from purees and juices. The line consists of the following flavors:
- Blueberry Medley, which contains puree or juice from beets, blueberries, pears, apples and sweet potatoes, and is an excellent source of vitamin C.
- Tangerine Carrot, which contains puree or juice from apples, carrots, pears, tangerines and pumpkins, and is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K.
- Apple and Greens, which contains puree or juice from pumpkins, mangoes, pineapples, apples, bananas and kiwis, and kale and spinach, and is an excellent source of vitamin C, as well as a good source of vitamins A and K.
- Peach Mango Medley, which contains puree or juice from peaches, pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, mangoes and butternut squash, and is an excellent source of vitamin C, as well as a good source of vitamins A and E.
- Strawberry Rhubarb, which contains puree or juice from pears, apples, strawberries, pumpkins, rhubarb, cranberries, carrots and beets, and is an excellent source of vitamin C.
"Our consumers 'shine brighter' in every aspect of their lives, so we are thrilled to help them rejuvenate themselves with a wholesome snack that includes real fruit and vegetables in every bite," said Hopkins.
Dreyer's Outshine Fruit and Veggie bars will be available nationwide starting in February 2014 for $4.39 per box, which includes six 2.5oz. bars. The Strawberry Rhubarb, Tangerine Carrot and Blueberry Medley Multi-Pack includes 12 1.5oz. bars per box, also at $4.29.