Specialty Food Association Elects New Officials
The association represents all segments of the $88.3 billion U.S. specialty food industry
The Specialty Food Association announced the election of four board officers and its new slate of directors.
Those serving on the board are all members of the Association, a not-for-profit trade association that represents all segments of the $88.3 billion U.S. specialty food industry and member companies abroad. The board term is two years.
The following members were elected to serve as officers on the Board of Directors for the 2014 -2016 term:
• Chairperson: Shawn McBride, Foah International LLC
• Vice Chairperson: Becky Renfro Borbolla, Renfro Foods, Inc.
• Treasurer: Matt Nielsen, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas
• Secretary: Jack Acree, Saffron Road Foods
Mike Silver, Neomonde Baking Company, will continue to serve, as Past Chairperson.
Elected to two-year terms are:
• William W. (Pete) Booker III, Smithfield Specialty Food Group
• Susan Eriksen, Char Crust
• Cara Figgins, Partners, A Tasteful Choice Company
• Case D. Fischer, Fischer & Wieser Specialty Foods
• Patricia Lobel, Avenue Gourmet
• Dan W. Dowe, Artisanal Brands, Ltd.
Appointed to two-year terms are:
• Arnim von Friedeburg, German Foods North America
• Paula Lambert, Mozzarella Company
• Felix Villa, Global Sales and Marketing Solutions
In addition, the following will serve as Board members:
• Phil Myers, Central Market (Retailer Network Committee)
• Trish Pohanka, European Imports/Sysco (Distributor Committee)
Ending his board service is Dennis Deschaine of Al Dente Pasta, Inc., Past Chairperson. Directors also concluding their service are Deborah Holt, Ripple Brand Collective, Sam Mogannam, Bi-Rite Market, Jack Porter, KeHE Food Distributors, and Brad van Dam, Marich Confectionery.
About the Specialty Food Association
The Specialty Food Association is a thriving community of food artisans, importers and entrepreneurs who bring craft, care and joy to the distinctive foods they produce. Established in 1952 in New York, the not-for-profit trade association provides its 3,000 members in the U.S. and abroad the tools, knowledge and connections to champion and nurture their companies in an always-evolving marketplace. The Association (formerly the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc.) owns and produces the Winter and Summer Fancy Food Shows, and presents the sofi™ Awards honoring excellence in specialty food. Learn more at specialtyfood.com.