Nexira is enriching its expertise in natural phyto ingredients by launching the first ingredient combining two Sage species.
Cognivia™ is a unique synergistic combination of Spanish Sage essential oil (Salvia lavandulifolia) and Garden Sage leaf (Salvia officinalis) aqueous extract, specially developed for people wishing to improve their cognitive faculties.
Since time immemorial, Sage, also called “sacred grass,” is traditionally used for its multiple positive properties, which include digestive help and calming.
Today, science confirms its benefits on cognitive performance. Indeed, bibliographic evidences were made on the enhancement of memory capacities (spacial and long term memory and speed of memory), as well as learning process, concentration and alertness.
These health benefits are supported by several clinical studies. Sage is also scientifically known to be a powerful antioxidant.
Now, Nexira is going further by proving the beneficial synergistic effect of Spanish Sage essential oil and Garden Sage leaf aqueous extract on long-term memory, in both single and prolonged use: Cognivia™’s in vivo study demonstrated significant results compared to individual Sage sources.
Cognivia™ is produced thanks to Nexira’s botanical extraction expertise with a high quality process and rigorous traceability controls. It benefits from a micro-encapsulation technology with Acacia gum selected by NEXIRA in order to …
… protect sage essential oil from oxidation and drying process; and
… enhance powder’s water solubility.
Soon available in organic-certified grade, Cognivia™ is part of Nexira’s Premium ingredients portfolio along with Serenzo™ (stress management & mood improvement), Oli-Ola™ (cardiovascular health), ID-alG™ (calorie reduction & well-being), ViNitrox™ (sport performances) and NeOpuntia™ (weight management).
Visit www.nexira.com for additional details.
(1) A.B.Scholey et al. An extract of Salvia (sage) with anticholinesterase properties improves memory and attention in healthy older volunteers. Psychopharmacology (2008) 198:127-139.
(2) D.O. KENNEDY et al. Monoterpenoid extract of sage (Salvia lavandulaefolia) with cholinesterase inhibiting properties improves cognitive performance and mood in healthy adults. Journal of Psychopharmacology. (2011) 25(08) 1088-1100.
(3) D.O. KENNEDY et al. Effects of Cholinesterase Inhibiting Sage (Salvia officinalis) on Mood, Anxiety, and Performance on a psychological Stressor Battery. Neuropsychopharmacology (2006) 31, 845-852.
(4) Innova Marketing Insights. Cognitive health, real food for thought. 2016
(5) N.T.J. TILDESLEY et al. Positive modulation of mood and cognitive performance following administration of acute doses of Salvia lavandulaefolia essential oil to healthy young volunteers. Physiology & Behavior 83 (2005) 699-709
(6) N.T.J. TILDESLEY et al. Salvia lavandulaefolia (Spanish Sage) enhances memory in healthy young volunteers. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior (2003) 75 669-674.