Perfect Kids Launch The Original Refrigerated Kids Snack Bar
With a cookie-dough-like texture and taste, Perfect Kids will be sold in boxes of five and offered in Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Chip varieties
Perfect Bar, LLC, creators of The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, is freshening up the lunchbox snack game with the launch of the first-of-its-kind refrigerated snack bar: Perfect Kids. Boasting clean-food credentials of USDA organic, Project-Verified Non-GMO and low-GI, Perfect Kids launched at Expo East 2018 before becoming available in more than 500 Target stores nationwide in November.
With a cookie-dough-like texture and taste, Perfect Kids will be sold in boxes of five and offered in two flavor varieties: Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Chip. Each refrigerated snack bar is made with freshly-ground organic peanut butter, organic honey, gluten-free oats, and delivers seven grams of whole food protein and eight superfood veggies, making it a nutritious solution for parents and a choice for kids.
As its first line extension from its refrigerated protein bars, Perfect Bar garnered insight from its own consumers and fans to hear what was missing from their kids snacks and found:
• The #1 characteristic parents associate with the term "healthy food" is "Minimally Processed" (#2 is "Organic" and #3 is "Natural")
• The most-important factor when purchasing snacks for their kids is that it's "Nutritious" (2nd most-important attribute is "Portability/Convenience")
• The majority of parents felt that "Good Nutrition," "Whole Food Protein" and "Vegetables" were missing from current kids' snacking options
• 92% of parents are comfortable feeding their kids snacks with organic honey as a sugar source, as opposed to other options like cane sugar, sugar alcohols or stevia
• 86% of parents prefer shopping for their kids' snacks on the perimeter aisles of the store
With innovation at the forefront of the company's initiatives, the Perfect Bar brand continues to grow in both category market share and distribution throughout its various grocery channels. Since early 2017, the brand has expanded its national footprint from 5,000 to 20,000 store doors, making its refrigerated protein snacks more accessible to consumers looking for fresher, grab-and-go options.
In addition to the two new Perfect Kids flavors, Perfect Bar's existing line includes 12 other peanut-, almond-, and cashew-butter varieties, each gluten-free, Project Verified Non-GMO and low-GI, with up to 17g of whole food protein and 20 organic superfoods. While all Perfect Bar products are found in the refrigerated aisle of grocers nationwide, they stay fresh up to one week outside of the fridge at room temperature.
Perfect Kids will be available alongside Perfect Bar in Target fridges, as well as online at www.perfectkids.com, beginning November 2018, with a suggested retail price of $4.99 per 5-count box.