Kemin Industries is offering bakers an interactive tour of its new Bakery Innovation Center located at its worldwide headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. The state-of-the-art innovation center with pilot-plant equipment technology and capabilities helps bakers get the next generation of great-tasting baked goods to market quicker.
“We created this interactive tour to help bakers experience the new technology and solutions available at our Bakery Innovation Center from the convenience of their desk,” said Courtney Schwartz, marketing director, Kemin Food Technologies – Americas. “This center can be a real game-changer for bakers. The fully equipped space mimics the commercial bakery production process, allowing us to screen and test bakery products containing Kemin’s ingredient solutions. This means customers won’t lose valuable production time running trials for challenges they are working to overcome.”
The new interactive brochure highlights some of the equipment, technology and capabilities available to bakers at Kemin’s Bakery Innovation Center, including:
• Pilot-scale production equipment that mimics commercial production. This allows all new ingredients and technologies to be screened and tested in all possible processing configurations before trials are done at a customer’s facility.
• Analytical lab equipment to evaluate baked goods for microbial stability and texture that remains consistent based on moisture and water activity. The Bakery Innovation Center’s texture analyzer helps evaluate dough and finished products under all moisture variations.
• Ingredient blending and small batch technology in the dry blending area have the capabilities needed to develop new concentrates, premixes, batch packs and individual components.
• Accelerated stability facility fully equipped with storage incubators that have accelerated high-temperature and humidity conditions that let Kemin create atmospheric variations in lab to evaluate the shelf life of baked goods.
• Customer laboratory services (CLS) let bakers connect with Kemin experts who offer problem-solving skills to reduce testing time and ensure brands’ go-to-market goals are met.
“Our bakery experts learn and evaluate each customer’s commercial process in a confidential secure setting in house at the Bakery Innovation Center, which saves time and creates cost advantages with no travel required,” said Schwartz. “Bakers are sure to be inspired to create a new generation of great-tasting bakery products that are made possible with our latest technologies, capabilities and Kemin ingredient solutions for baking and snack products.”
Tour of the Innovation Center today.
About Kemin Industries
Kemin Industries (www.kemin.com) is a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services. The company supplies over 500 specialty ingredients for human and animal health and nutrition, pet food, aquaculture, nutraceutical, food technologies, crop technologies and textile industries.
For over half a century, Kemin has been dedicated to using applied science to address industry challenges and offer product solutions to customers in more than 120 countries. Kemin provides ingredients to feed a growing population with its commitment to the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed and health-related products.
Established in 1961, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned-and-operated company with more than 2,800 global employees and operations in 90 countries, including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.