Plant-based foods innovator Sweet Earth Foods launched heat-and-eat Breakfast Bowls and reformulated, ready-to-eat Deli Slices. As consumers return to on-the-go busy lifestyles, these savory prepared meal and plant-based protein offerings provide quick and flavorful plant-based solutions for the whole family.
The three new Sweet Earth® Breakfast Bowls meet this demand and are inspired by classic savory regional scrambles, all while offering between 17-20g of plant protein and three to 5g of fiber in every bowl. New flavors found in the frozen meals section include:
• Sweet Earth® Protein Lover's Breakfast Bowl: Plant-based meaty scramble filled with cage free eggs, plant-based sausage and bacon, spinach and cheddar cheese.
• Sweet Earth® Southwest Veggie Breakfast Bowl: Southwest scramble with cage free eggs, poblano peppers, black beans, cilantro lime brown rice and Monterey jack cheese.
• Sweet Earth® Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowl: Mexican-inspired flavors with cage free eggs, plant-based chipotle seitan, cotija cheese, sweet potatoes, peppers and tortilla strips.
Meanwhile, in the deli meat section, one in three flexitarians are searching for plant-based deli slice options (IRI POS 2020). The three newly reformulated types of Sweet Earth® Deli Slices contain 15g of plant protein and deliver an authentic deli experience that makes for a perfectly satisfying sandwich swap. All three products have zero grams cholesterol.
• Sweet Earth® Plant-Based Turkey Slices: Oven-roasted flavors with rosemary and sea salt deliver a juicy turkey meat taste and texture.
• Sweet Earth® Plant-Based Ham Slices: Smoky applewood flavor provides savory and authentic ham experience, colored with natural ingredients like red radish.
• Sweet Earth® Plant-Based Pepperoni Slices: Blend of spices and wholesome ingredients, including textured pea protein, recreates true Italian-inspired pepperoni flavor, perfect for pizza and sandwiches.
The new Sweet Earth® Breakfast Bowls and plant-based Deli Slices have a suggested retail price of $4.79 and $6.99 respectively. They can be found at retailers nationwide including Whole Foods Market, Fresh Thyme Market, Walmart, Kroger stores and Target. A special four-pack of the Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowl is offered exclusively at Sam's Club, retailing for $11.98.