November 2011/Prepared Foods --For daily industry news updates, see the homepage of www.PreparedFoods.com and www.NutraSolutions.com.
* As of October 1, 2011, Katharina C. Hamma is the third member of the Koelnmesse management team, serving in the role of chief operating officer.
* Takasago opened a state-of-the-art culinary center in Rockleigh, N.J.
* Margaret Lawson, chief science officer for D.D. Williamson, was honored by her alma mater, the University of California, Davis, with an “Award of Distinction” from the university’s College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
* Kalsec Inc. formed an exclusive agreement with OmniActive Health Technologies to produce, market and distribute its natural zeaxanthin from paprika globally.
* PureCircle, issuing an update on the rapid expansion of its stevia supply in the U.S., noted S&W Seed Company is nearing completion of its first stevia leaf harvest. Furthermore, S&W plans to expand stevia plantings in California by the spring of 2012.
* Shanghai Freemen and Hubei Guangji Pharm Co. Ltd. signed a four-year, exclusive distribution agreement for the JIVITA beta carotene line. The agreement gives Shanghai Freemen the sole rights to represent JIVTA in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
* Chengdu Wagott Pharmaceuticals Co. has expanded its natural stevia extracts to a new range of tabletop Reb-A sweetener formulations.
* Enzymotec Ltd. was honored with the “2011 Global Phosphatidylserine Customer Value Enhancement Award,” from analyst firm Frost & Sullivan.
* ENRECO Inc. promoted Kevin Blackburn to director of operations, Daniel Otte to director of quality assurance and Ada Alcantar to director of business administration at the company’s Newton, Wis., flaxseed flour and supplements manufacturing operation.pf
November 9, 2011
November 2011/Prepared Foods-- Protecting food products; extending shelflife; reducing shrink; expanding product distribution; and, ultimately, saving manufacturers money have all been goals of Multisorb Technologies. No matter what the packaging need, Multisorb has a sorbent solution, including the company’s FreshPax® Oxygen Absorbing Packets (one of the company’s most popular drop-in solutions); and the FreshCard™ System, which is a revolutionary oxygen absorber with the active material embedded in a flat profile card that can be printed on both sides in up to four colors. Multisorb Technologies, www.multisorb.com pf