Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 FABI Awards, the National Restaurant Association Show’s annual celebration of the year’s tastiest, most creative, and most marketable food and beverage products. These are the menu items or ingredients that discerning diners seek for trendy tastes, sustainable manufacturing, nutritional awareness, and more.
In the 10th year of FABI Awards, 2020 Award recipients will enjoy enhanced opportunities to reach attendees in addition to increased awareness and booth traffic. Recognized products are featured during the FABI Awardee Tasting events, which give attendees the opportunity to sample many of the products in one place. FABI Awarded products will also be identified throughout the Show floor with prominent signage, further driving attendees to visit their booths.
Additional FABI Award benefits include:
• Prominent placement in pre-Show promotional efforts
• FABI Award logo and custom signage for use in marketing efforts for the life of the product
• High-profile exposure both on and off the Show floor
• Increased media coverage and visibility with influential customers
• Feedback from an esteemed panel of judges
• Recognition as an industry leader
An independent panel of industry operators and experts evaluate FABI Award submissions for their exciting new tastes, uniqueness in the market, appeal to the operator community, creative approach to operator challenges, or introduction of new opportunities and profit potential. The 2020 FABI Award submissions will be judged by:
• Pat Cobe, Senior Editor, Restaurant Business & Foodservice Director
• Timothy J. Dietzler, Director of Dining Services, Villanova University
• Marion Gibson, Culinary Development Director, Aramark
• Aimee Harvey, Managing Editor, Technomic
• Farley Kaiser, Corporate Executive Chef/Culinary Innovation Manager Fresh Foods, Wawa, Inc.
• John Li, VP of Culinary Innovation, Wendy’s
• Robin Rosenberg, Vice President, Chef de Cuisine, Levy Restaurants
• Bret Thorn, Senior Food & Beverage Editor, Nation’s Restaurant News; Senior Food Editor, Restaurant Hospitality
Learn more about the FABI Awards.