2017 FABI Awards Now Open
National Restaurant Association is now accepting submissions for 2017 Food and Beverage Industry (FABI) Awards
Judged by an independent panel of industry operators and experts, the FABI Awards acknowledge only the most exciting breakthroughs in taste, marketability, creativity and profit potential in foodservice operations. Consequently, these trend-defining products become "must-see" for NRA Show attendees, who recognize the potential of such incredible edibles in terms of delivering unique experiences to the table.
"We were really excited to receive a FABI Award," said John Stephano, Director of Marketing and Training, Atalanta Corporation. "Not only does it signal to the industry that we're the leader in Specialty Imported foods for foodservice, it also goes a long way towards driving extra traffic to our NRA Show booth. The interest and excitement around our products has been terrific. In a nutshell, the FABI Award has really helped us get the word out about our new and exciting products."
FABI Award recipients receive exclusive benefits, including prominent placement in pre-Show print/digital promotional efforts; company logo and product information on NRA Show website; inclusion in an official press release announcing FABI Award recipients; priority placement in on-site opportunities with broadcast media; booth signage indicating product is a FABI recipient; and extensive coverage via NRA Show media relations. Last year, the aforementioned NRA Show communication efforts garnered more than 117 million impressions.
To apply for a FABI Award, visit Restaurant.org/Show/FABI. Submission deadline is January 11, 2017. Manufacturers may enter any food or beverage product introduced to the U.S. foodservice market between May 1, 2015 and May 20, 2017. The product will be evaluated by the FABI Award's independent panel of experts, including:
• Timothy J. Dietzler, Director of Dining Services, Villanova University
• Lori Estrada, Senior Vice President of R&D, Wendy's
• Christopher Koetke, CEC CCE HAAC, Vice President, The School of Culinary Arts, Kendall College
• John Li, Senior Vice President of R&D, Bloomin' Brands
• Robin Rosenberg, Vice President, Chef de Cuisine, Levy Restaurants
• Lee Ann Shaw, Global Procurement Director, Hot Beverages and Snacks, Aramark
• Bret Thorn, Senior Food Editor, Nation's Restaurant News