Whole Foods Market launches Home Ec 365, a digital curriculum designed to modernize the fundamentals of home economics and put a twist on the basics. Through a series of virtual classes, each with a contemporary take on mastering everyday home tasks and need-to-know life skills, “students” will learn everything from creative baking swaps and transforming food scraps to stocking up on grocery staples and choosing the right cleaning products.
“Consumers are looking for new and creative ways to live their best and most delicious lives at home. With the help of high-quality products from 365 by Whole Foods Market and instruction from a team of expert influencers, these classes help build some serious skills in adulting,” said Molly Siegler, senior program manager for culinary development at Whole Foods Market. “Home Ec 365 combines necessary life skills and approachable advice with products that meet the strict Quality Standards Whole Foods Market has been committed to for 40 years.”
To help students prepare for Home Ec 365, Whole Foods Market is offering exclusive coupons for free products to those who enroll.* These “school supplies” will help students stock up on essential 365 brand items needed for the virtual classes.
Consumers can enroll for the free Home Ec 365 courses, powered by Teachable, through www.WholeFoodsMarket.com/Teachable.
Classes, cohosted by influencer experts, include:
• Swap-Savvy Baking: Getting Creative with Recipes & Replacements – In this course led by Joy Wilson, aka Joy The Baker (@joythebaker), you’ll learn what to do and how to adapt if you run out of butter or eggs, or just want to switch things up with a new type of flour. No matter what you have on hand, there is delicious cornbread, pancakes and muffins in your future.
• So Fresh & So Clean: How to Effectively Clean Your Appliances – What happens when the machines you trust to clean get dirty? This course led by clean queen, organization enthusiast and mom vlogger Jessica Tull (@jessica_tull_), will help you streamline your deep clean and allow you to get the best results from hardworking appliances like the fridge and dishwasher, all with the help of cleaning products that meet Whole Foods Market’s strict Quality Standards.
• Use 'Em Up! How to Transform Food Scraps & Leftovers – Hold onto your broccoli stalks and strap in for a class that changes the way you look at food scraps. Led by chef and well-being advocate Sophia Roe (@sophia_roe), you’ll learn how to reinvent recipes and make magic with leftover ingredients, overlooked produce parts and even that almost-empty jar of mustard hiding on the bottom shelf of the fridge.
• Smarter Shopping: Save, Stock & Invest – The right ingredients go a long way in the kitchen. Knowing when to spend a little extra and which staples to save on is an art you’ll soon master with the help of Bobby Parrish (@flavcity), aka “the grocery store guy.” You’ll also learn how to organize your fridge and pantry, plus tips to transform at-home dinners from sad to 5-star with easy investment ingredients.
Whole Foods Market recently started rolling out a new brand design for its 365 by Whole Foods Market products in stores and online. The 365 by Whole Foods Market assortment allows customers to find everything they need under one roof at remarkable quality and value, with a new design that brings a whimsical personality and clean, colorful aesthetic into every 365 brand product.
* Limited to first 2,500 customers who enroll in Home Ec 365. Limit 1 coupon per customer for each class. Coupons must be redeemed by 8/31/20.